TDIF! (Thank Dio it’s Friday!) I don’t know about you lot, but I’m craving a weekend. And what better way to kick it off than with some news highlights from around the world of metal?
Okay, I can’t actually take that statement seriously, either. But regardless, here are today’s Quickies!
- It’s a rare occasion for me to actively encourage people to listen to Slayer these days. But Jeff Hanneman left us a year ago today, so…play some damn Slayer. (Just not “Implode,” okay?)
- Those additional Summer Slaughter dates we predicted in Episode 4? They’re out now.
- The doctor that prescribed late Slipknot bassist Paul Gray the pills that contributed to his overdose? He’s been found not guilty of manslaughter.
- Judas Priest released the track listing for their upcoming album, Redeemer of Souls. “Halls of Valhalla”? “Battle Cry”? Please tell me they’re not going to try and pull off viking metal…
- And finally, I can’t wait to see the brick that the collective state of Oklahoma will shit once this thing is released upon the world. Seriously, EPIC, EPIC stuff.
Keep it metal this weekend!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.