Quickies time, folks – let’s not waste any time with this. Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- So that Deicide, Septic Flesh and Carach Angren tour that we were told would also include Marduk? It’s not going to include Marduk. Good job, PR people.
- Scar Symmetry revealed the release date and cover art for their upcoming album, mouthfully titled The Singularity (Phase 1 – Neohumanity).
- SOMEONE is working with Machine Head to put the finishing touches on the band’s upcoming album…it’s just not clear exactly who. The album comes out in October.
- Mastodon guitarist Brent Hinds is carving a giant penis out of wood, because…I guess that’s what you do when you’re Brent Hinds. I’m still not entirely convinced this isn’t a hilarious dream.
- If you needed another reason to go see Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats on their upcoming U.S. tour, here’s one: the band’s releasing a limited edition 7″ single in honor of their travels.
- And finally, I don’t really know who this Ariana Grande person is, but someone mashed her up with death metal and it’s funny and stuff. Check it out:
That’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for Stage Dive and, of course, more Quickies.
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.