Almost through Week 1 of Flyin’ Solo – A Horns Up Joint! and so far, things have been going alright! Okay, so I’ve become a bit of a hermit and spent much of my non-work time working on blog and podcast stuff, but it’s all getting done! (And trust me, it needs to. I’m the guy who’ll be really gung ho about a blog for two weeks, then miss a single post and have it all go to hell. Not about to let that happen here.) Anyway, here are today’s Quickies–let’s take a look at what we missed in the metal world:
- Rejoice, folks–turns out Blake Judd isn’t killing Nachtmystium after all! The weird thing, as MetalSucks points out, is that these comments are now almost a week old. People just…didn’t notice, I guess? Either way, huzzah!
- In an interview with Metal Insider, Suicide Silence vocalist Eddie Hermida compared being picked as the band’s new singer to being taken with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft. Perhaps not the comparison I would have used there, Eddie. Oh well, dude likes Mr. Bungle, though, so I guess he redeemed himself a bit.
- Like High on Fire? Like free shit? If you answered “no” to either, you’re doing it wrong. If you answered “yes” to both, here’s some good news for you.
- Wondering when (…if?) Wintersun’s going to release Time II? First, join the club. Second, Jari Mäenpää wrote a lengthy Facebook post addressing the delay and…it’s not a pretty picture.
- And finally, heard that new song that Deafheaven debuted at the Pitchfork Festival? Welp, here’s a pro-shot clip of it. Enjoy!
Wanna laugh really hard at something? Just picture all the kids who came to Pitchfork for Neutral Milk Hotel or St. Vincent stumbling across a random stage and hearing Deafheaven. And being really taken aback. And then trying so hard to pretend they get it because god forbid they ever seem out of the loop about anything. (Can you tell I think people suck? No? I’m not coming across properly, I guess.)
Anyway, that’ll wrap it up for today. Check back tomorrow for more!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.