It’s Friday night, and I’ve got birthday drinks, a Syracuse basketball game and a brand new Pokémon game to attend to. So let’s not waste any time–here are today’s Quickies:
- Phil Labonte continued his efforts to alienate himself from the metal community by claiming that Taylor Swift writes better music than most metal bands. BAM–SHOTS FIRED. Except no. Honestly, Phil, nobody could really care any less whether you want to leave metal. Just go ahead and do it.
- Apparently Slayer, Lamb of God and Morbid Angel are all going to have cameos in an upcoming movie called Hairmetal Shotgun Zombie Massacre: The Movie. No, really.
- So…Jim Root and Corey Taylor’s relationship in Slipknot probably just got a little more awkward…
- If you listened to Episode 29 earlier today, you’ll know that Corey’s Horns Up was metalhead holiday sweaters. Which all sounded pretty well and good, but the Foo Fighters may have one-upped him.
- Eluveitie announced the departure of bagpiper/whistler Pade Kistler. Y’know…six years and four same-sounding albums ago, I might have cared about this a little more. Timing: Pade’s doing it wrong.
- And finally, relative lack of things going on in the video department, so here’s a video the MetalSucks team shared of two girls trying to sing Cannibal Corpse’s “Hammer Smashed Face”:
What I love is their comment that “This will go viral in no time.” This video is three and a half years old and has accumulated all of 1,300 views. Try again next time, girls.
Anyway, that’ll do it for us. Check back next week for more, and keep it metal this weekend!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.