April 18, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, it looks like frontman Ryan Patterson has left Coliseum to start a new project called Fotocrime. More power to him for pursuing his interests, but…goddammit if true. I need to go play Anxiety’s Kiss like ten times in a row.
- Speaking of Fotocrime, they’ll be opening for Russian Circles on a couple of the trio’s newly-announced headlining gigs, centered on the off-dates of their tour with Mastodon and Eagles of Death Metal. Nowhere near me, so…phooey.
- Brann Dailor’s in for a busy rest-of-2017. As if his main hustle Mastodon releasing a new album wasn’t enough, his side project, Arcadea, has just signed with Relapse, and will be releasing a new album of its own in June. Good luck getting any sleep, Brann.
- Primitive Man have released a new noise EP on Bandcamp to help fund repairs for their tour van. If you read the band’s comments about what exactly happened to their van…it sounds like they kinda got dicked over. Think about helping these guys out if you can.
- Apparently, Dave Mustaine has been in the studio with Vimic, the new project from ex-Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison. My guess is that he’ll be credited as Conspiracy Theory Consultant.
- Drummer Dave Lombardo says he hopes to release the debut record from Dead Cross, his project with Mike Patton and a whole host of others, by the end of the summer.
- And finally, didn’t really see any new songs or music videos worth sharing, so here’s a video called “Kids React to AC/DC”
I dunno about y’all but “gremlin voice” and “good guitar person” amused me, at least. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,