June 27, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from the last few days:
- Leading off, an amusing tidbit from the world of Napalm Death: apparently, the band’s Spotify streams have gone up more than 200% since frontman Barney Greenway appeared on a radio show teaching ex-Labour Party leader Ed Miliband how to scream. (Miliband still can’t scream.)
- As per usual, it’s not even been a month since this year‘s Maryland Deathfest wrapped up, and already we’ve got our first wave of bands for next year’s fest. The highlights?Bloodbath, Eyehategod, Blood Incantation, Chthe’ilist, Wormrot, Evoken and a bunch more. Also, Durian, a band that shares its name with a fruit. I’m in.
- Samael dropped a lyric video for the first song from their upcoming album, Hegemony. It’s called “Angel of Wrath,” and you can (and should) listen to it here.
- Speaking of new songs, Brendon Small has released the first song from his upcoming album, Galaktikon II: Become the Storm. And…golly, guys, it sure sounds an awful lot like a Dethklok song that he can’t legally call a Dethklok song.
- Next up, a couple of Darwin Award nominees from Iron Maiden‘s San Antonio show. A wanted fugitive and his fiancée decided to attend said show and then, a decision that reflects the true genius of humanity, posted a picture of their tickets on Facebook. Said fugitive was then arrested at said show. GOOD JOB, GOOD EFFORT, EINSTEIN.
- And finally, here’s a new video from The Haunted. Check out “Brute Force” below:
I don’t hate that. The band’s new album, Strength in Numbers, drops August 25 on Century Media. That’ll do it for now — stay tuned for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,