June 29, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from the last couple of days:
- Leading off, Wolves in the Throne Room have announced a new album, titled Thrice Woven. The album will drop September 22 via the band’s own label, Artemisia Records, and features a guest spot from Neurosis’ Steve Von Till. Sounds better than Celestite already!
- In a recent interview with Metal Covenant, Vallenfyre mastermind Gregor Mackintosh suggested that the band’s new album, Fear Those Who Fear Him, may be their last. Okay, then.
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine told No Brown M&Ms — sweet Van Halen joke, brah! — that the band will be back in the studio to record some fresh Alex Jonescore jams before the end of the year. He really wants to play with Dirk Verbeuren in the studio, apparently!
- Apparently In Flames is making gin now? I guess when the music’s as “meh” as theirs has been lately, it can’t hurt to diversify.
- Danzig and Corrosion of Conformity are teaming up for some fall tour dates. And by “some,” I mean, like, seven. So, if you’re in one of those seven places, hooray for you!
- Speaking of short tours, Less Art and Vattnet will be going out together this fall for four shows. Yup, four. One of which is in Philly! Eeeeeeeeexcept it’s on a Sunday. Balls.
- And finally, here’s the new Myrkur song, “Måneblôt”:
Yep, still sounds like Myrkur, alright! Her new album, Mareridt, drops September 15 on Relapse. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — stay tuned for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,