I could not be happier for the end of this week. Let’s get into it—here’s your remaining news for the day:
- Cattle Decapitation released a new song for Decibel‘s flexi series, called “Cannibalistic Invasivorism.” It’s not going to be on their upcoming album, but it does kick all the asses.
- It looks like we may, finally, be nearing an end to the Morbid Angel lineup craziness. Shit. What the hell am I gonna MS Paint about now?
- As if Refused wasn’t enough of an awesome opener for Faith No More, the band also added some dates with support from Napalm Death. Goddamn.
- Apparently Ozzy Osbourne‘s going to be playing a gig with both Slash and Tom Morello. Nice of Slash to take a break from his pop-star collaborations and come back to the metal. (I don’t have snark for Morello. I will never have snark for Morello.)
- And finally, ahead of their upcoming album, Underworld, Symphony X have released a lyric video for their new song, “Without You.” Check it out:
It’s been too damn long since we had any new Symphony X. I’m excited as hell for this. Underworld drops July 24 on Nuclear Blast. Anyway, that’ll do it for us! Check back tomorrow for the pod and enjoy your weekends!
Keep it heavy,
Corey’s in Boston for the day, so I’ll be taking the Quickies this time around. Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- We’re a bit late in getting this on the blog, but Neurosis frontman Scott Kelly‘s wife, Sarah, has fallen ill with a mysterious, as-yet-undiagnosed condition, and a GoFundMe page has been started to help with their medical bills. If you’re able to donate, please do.
- So I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that neither Axl nor Rob have actually heard the new Marilyn Manson album, because the only comments they can muster about dude’s upcoming summer tour with Smashing Pumpkins are “LOL 90s, AMIRITE GUYS?”
- In other tour news, Swedish hardcore punk crew Refused announced one today, too!
- Also in tours and Swedish: power proggers Evergrey are coming back Stateside toward the end of the summer as well.
- And finally, if you’ve had a hard day and want to feel better about yourself, listen to Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil butchering the national anthem at a Las Vegas Outlaws game:
I have no idea what the hell the Las Vegas Outlaws are, but if they’re going to treat us to garbage like this, that’s probably for the best. Anyway, that’ll do it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for more!
Keep it heavy,
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.