If I look back on it, maybe even without realizing it, two people that have had a profound impact on who I am as a person would be my grandma and Weird Al Yankovic. The one and only thing that unites them is their love of polka, and I remember showing my grandma Weird Al, thinking she would be blown away; she aggressively didn’t get it, and it’s hard to separate the music from the parody, but when you do, you find that the punky polka is the best part of Weird Al’s discography. On Turbo Polka Party, Russkaja embrace the fusion of bouncy polka bops and ska-punk for the final time in their eighteen year career.Continue reading
CANTO: Megadeth opens big, Black Sabbath postpones dates, and more
It’s another Monday and nobody is happy about it.
- Black Sabbath has postponed two shows due to Ozzy’s illness. It sounds like Ozzy will be fine and the dates will be made up efficiently enough. A bummer, but it sounds like it will all work out in the end.
- Benji Webbe, lead singer of Skindred, was attacked over the weekend. In a seriously scary incident, he was slashed with a knife. It sounds like he will be ok, but the whole situation is really messed up.
- Well, maybe Megadeth are relevant again. Dystopia opened at number 3 on the Billboard top 200. In a surprise to absolutely nobody, I still have not listened to it. And this won’t help that.
- Phil Anselmo has apologized for his idiot remarks at Dimebash. Scott Ian, however, doesn’t think that is enough. He is calling on Phil to make some donations to prove exactly where he stands. An interesting development, for sure.
- You know who we never talk about? Halestorm. Here is a new music video for “Mayhem.”
“Ein Bier… bitte.”