In Transmission has been a long time coming for the Lafayette, LA quartet. Over two years of writing and refining their craft, picking up a new frontperson, personal struggles and a global pandemic have certainly made it difficult for Capra, but it also hasn’t stopped them in the least bit. There’s a very good reason this debut is getting blown up by word of mouth and pushed out by a major label already. The band’s fresh, blistering take on hardcore and metal goes beyond simply being well-crafted music: it speaks to something deeply, profoundly human with an unrivaled emotional depth.Continue reading
I got new glasses today. Yes, that is the most exciting thing that’s happened to me in the last 24 hours. Well, that and my Pelagic coffee.
- Capra has their debut album scheduled for an April 23rd release through Blacklight Media and Metal Blade Records. It’ll be titled In Transmission, and it’s one we are anticipating quite a bit in the Nine Circles camp. So, naturally, we’re going to plug the new single, “Samuraiah Carey”.
- Skillet have announced a drive-in theater tour, with dates running from April 22nd through May 23rd. Wait… why am I sharing Skillet news? Moving on…
- French black metal collective Seth have unveiled new album details, as well as a new single. The self-titled album is scheduled for a May 7th drop through Season of Mist, and you can listen to “La Morsure du Christ” right here.
- Krossfyre released the first single from their Hells Headbangers debut album. Rites of Extermination won’t be released until this summer, with a specific date still to come, but you can check out “Infernal War” right now.
- And lastly, the new video from Paysage d’Hiver for “Äschä”. That track is taken from Geister, which is set for an April 23rd release.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I’m ready for a beer or seven.
- Fight The Fight dropped another new track from their upcoming sophomore release, Deliverance, which is out September 18th through Blacklight Media Records (North America). This one is called “Ritual” and you can stream it here.
- Fates Warning have revealed details behind their next album. Long Day Good Night will be out on November 6th through Metal Blade Records. You can pre-order that one right here. There’s a new track in there as well!
- Those SepulQuatra Sessions are always fun, so let’s make sure we catch tomorrow’s edition, which features Alex Skolnick of Testament. There will be a live Q&A as well as a performance of “Vandals Nest”.
- Oceans Of Slumber have released the fourth single from their upcoming self-titled new album, which drops on September 4th through Century Media. Check out “To the Sea (A Tolling of the Bells)” immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”