Gwar is an absolute metal institution and one that has stood the test of time for 37 years strong. They’ve done things their own way and have carved their own path from the word go and have been inspiration to so many bands since their 1984 start and to be clear, not many bands can lay claim to as many accolades as Gwar is worthy of. Fuckin’ legends, is what I’m saying. If anyone needs an intro to this band…leave the hall. With that said, head inside for an in depth discussion with Blothar via The Nine Circles Audio Thing.Continue reading
Just sitting here. Waiting for it to be tolerable out enough for a run. The good news \: I got my BMW back after a day at the shop. I missed her. Anyway, let’s move along.
- Ok guys. Biggest news of the day. There could potentially be one more season of Metalocalypse. But it’s up to you! Tell the world (Hulu) how amazing it is and we may be in business (with Hulu).
- This is kinda funny, kinda dumb. A TV reporter for a San Antonio FOX affiliate got fired for showing Blothar’s codpiece in a morning news segment. GWAR‘s frontman refers to his codpiece as his “bag of dicks.” I can kinda understand the need for censorship. But also… people are too damn sensitive.
- Let’s talk about album sales. A number of big names have dropped in the past few weeks, so it’s nice to report good showings for Motörhead, Nile, and Soilwork.
- Did you like Iron Maiden‘s The Book of Souls? How about the artwork? Apparently, someone in Berlin didn’t approve of it. A billboard with the artwork was covered by a sheet because apparently it was scaring children. Good. Let the kids tremble in fear.
- I feel like closing things out with Behold! The Monolith. This track, “Lord of Bones”, will be on the upcoming Architects of the Void, which drops September 29th.
Sludgy wonderfulness. Perfect for a hot day.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”