There are few bands that span the hardcore and punk river as well as Victims. They’ve been around since 1997 and have not slowed their output or their veracity. Their upcoming album, Sirens is yet another terrific edition to their catalog. On the album Victims continues their assault against global injustice with their straight forward, hardcore influenced d-beat punk rock. In advance of that album we got a chance to sit down and have a brief chat with Victims. Below are the results.
Quickies time, folks – let’s not waste any time with this. Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- So that Deicide, Septic Flesh and Carach Angren tour that we were told would also include Marduk? It’s not going to include Marduk. Good job, PR people.
- Scar Symmetry revealed the release date and cover art for their upcoming album, mouthfully titled The Singularity (Phase 1 – Neohumanity).
- SOMEONE is working with Machine Head to put the finishing touches on the band’s upcoming album…it’s just not clear exactly who. The album comes out in October.
- Mastodon guitarist Brent Hinds is carving a giant penis out of wood, because…I guess that’s what you do when you’re Brent Hinds. I’m still not entirely convinced this isn’t a hilarious dream.
- If you needed another reason to go see Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats on their upcoming U.S. tour, here’s one: the band’s releasing a limited edition 7″ single in honor of their travels.
- And finally, I don’t really know who this Ariana Grande person is, but someone mashed her up with death metal and it’s funny and stuff. Check it out:
That’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for Stage Dive and, of course, more Quickies.
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.