How long has it been? Over a week? Jesus, I’m sorry about that. Blame marathon training.
- As always, let’s start with a tour. And there is a big one to mention today. Revocation are co-headlining a North American tour with Voivod. Supporting acts include Psycroptic, Skeletal Remains, and Conjurer. Seriously… that shit is stacked. Dates are this coming fall.
- Another tour, also large. Municipal Waste and Napalm Death, with Sick of it All and Take Offense. Dates are in October, and as it happens my local date for this tour is the same weekend/festival as the tour above. But it’s in Worcester. Attendance likelihood: 20%.
- Horrendous fans out there may be interested in their two hour Gimme Radio show that starts tonight at 7:00. They’ll have their own playlist, fielding live questions from fans, and all kinds of fun stuff. And if you miss it, there’s a re-air on Sunday.
- Amon Amarth dropped a new video for “Mjolner, Hammer of Thor”. You know, the most Amon Amarth-iest song title out of the all the Amon Amarth song titles.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
No Canto tomorrow because I’ll be Ghosting.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
* SPOILERS: it’s gonna be 20 albums…buckle your seat belts.
I told myself this year I was going to take it easy – do the Honorable Mentions, get the final list out, and put 2018 to rest. On a global, national, and personal front the year’s been pretty much a disaster from the start, and the quicker I can put it in my rearview mirror the better. But the more I tweaked and played with my end of year selections (thank you Trello for making that shit so easy) the more I realized that – like always – music was the thing that propped me up and made every setback if not better, at least tolerable. And when the dust cleared from all the list building I found a huge excess of albums that didn’t make my lists but easily could have on another day. Everything is interchangeable; we are not the people we were even a moment ago, and those experiences constantly inform our perspective on the world, metal albums included. Continue reading
I was down for the better part of yesterday with off and on fever and generally just felt like death warmed over. As you can guess, this morning has been tons of fun so far. And I can’t even manage a decent cup of coffee — TONS of fun. Anyway, we’ve got another good playlist of songs we collectively jammed last week. The pickings have been strong so there’s no shortage of great music lately and this week’s list reflects that. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel here then hit the play button below. We’ll be seeing you here throughout the week. Continue reading