What is there to say about Between the Buried and Me that hasn’t already been said? What is there to say about Colors that hasn’t already been said? Between the Buried and Me are one of those very special bands where everyone has a different favorite album by them. However, for the overwhelming majority, it’s Colors, which is pretty near universally beloved. How, and why, then, would the band ever try to put out an album like Colors II, one that at first glance might seem like a quick and easy way to cash in on something that they know will be a home run. Taking a deeper look, however, reveals this release as something much more important and much more personal.Continue reading
What should we call it when Quickies come in late like this? “Late Nite Quickies?” “Quickies After Dark?” Put your noggins together on this one while I tell you what we missed today, folks:
- Phil Anselmo is reuniting Superjoint Ritual for a set at October’s Housecore Horror Fest in Austin, TX. For legal reasons, the band will have to refer to itself solely as “Superjoint”–which is lame, but hey, at least they’re not “Superjoint B.C.“
- So Corey Taylor took part in the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness for ALS. While this is obviously cool, you really need to scroll down to the end of the Metal Injection post and watch Primus bassist Les Claypool’s video. Just…trust me here.
- Teen metal band Unlocking the Truth signed a marketing and promotional deal with Artery Recordings. The big takeaway from this story is that the Sony imprint they’ll be on is called The Cherry Party. What the shit kind of name is that?
- MetalSucks blogger Vince Neilstein did a cool piece for Rolling Stone on ex-Megadeth/Cacophony lead guitarist Marty Friedman and his new life and newfound celebrity in Japan. Check it out here.
- Inter Arma is releasing a new EP called The Cavern this fall. One song. 40 minutes. Get ready.
- And finally, didn’t get a chance to check out Trioscapes in today’s Just the Tip post? Well you’re in luck–they’ve released a video for the title track of their new album, Digital Dream Sequence. Check it out here:
Say what you will about Between the Buried and Me, but for this to be Dan Briggs’ side project? That’s talent. Anyway, that’ll do it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for more!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.