All the Satan news paused for a week out of respect for the Behemoth album announcement. However, the Bringer of Light was busy the last few days…
- The Satanic Temple, this week, broke into full-out public warring over its retention of a lawyer representing neo-Nazi and other clients. Into the fray have included national leaders, those who have left the organization, and those who have stayed. Salacious at points, it is one of the more intriguing looks at the Satanist group that actually does not necessarily believe in Satan.
- Speaking of politics, Italy’s far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini is feuding with a Catholic publication that compared him to Satan for his stance on immigration.
- Theistic Satanist Marie Ravensoul has a new book, which she recently talked about on the Dark Illumination podcast.
- Peru is reeling from a grisly murder reportedly inspired by Satan.
- On a lighter note, I am wondering which of you did it.
- And also going lighter, if you have not seen the TV show Preacher‘s portrayal of Satan as part of the season’s storyline, you may be missing out. He has a hired gun rounding up Hitler, who escaped from Hell.
Out this week in black metal, Detroit’s Divine Ecstasy summons Mayhem and Master’s Hammer in its new album, Strange Passions, streaming here:
Speaking of that raw style, Ill Omen released The Grande Usurper this week. The Australian act put forth just under half an hour of fire on this:
Japan’s Abigail are out with a new album as well. Far East Black Metal Onslaught sees frontman Yasuyuki Suzuki going all out as always: