First up; as you may know, Louisiana got ripped up from Ida which means they could use all the help they can get seeing as it might be days/weeks before running water and power is established in some areas. If you can, go here to donate and trust me, every little bit helps even if it’s five bucks. Further, more areas were hit hard so do some research and find other donation links for these areas. Alright then, new metal time and of course, we got it. One might say Aborted was the easy choice to kick things off since it’s first in alphabetical order but, order means nothing when it comes to this hotly anticipated slab o’ death metal from these titans! What matters is quality, and they got it. Moving on, UK bruisers Mastiff got signed to a biggie and got heavier, honestly I had no idea they could get heavier yet here we are so be sure to grab this one. Then we’ve got a powerviolence meets sludge meets fastcore meets hardcore split from Trappist and Connoisseur and maaaaan what an anvil this thing is! Last up top but not least in this list is Cult Burial with a slappin’ EP of death metal that leans towards the sludgy side, and it rips. Obviously, much more awaits in the list below. So, if you’re in the US and celebrating a day off, there’s no excuse not to unload some cash on several of these albums. If you’re elsewhere, you still have zero excuse. So. Much. Good. Metal. DO IT…Continue reading
I doubt the inbox is as exciting as it was yesterday, but I’m sure there’s still plenty going on. Let’s see…
- We’ve got another offering from Black Label Society, that once again celebrates the None More Black box. This is a reworked version of “House of Doom”, which is obviously featured in that collection. Once again, if you have some cash to burn, here is the order link through eOne.
- Magnetic Eye Records have announced a live stream event called “The Day of of Doom”, set for May 15th. The event will include performances by Heavy Temple, Domkraft, Howling Giant, and more. Should be a good time. Here’s the event link if you’re interested.
- Beyond Man have set June 21st as the release of their self-titled debut through The Sinister Flame. What is that exactly? We’ll find out soon with the first track premiere. For now, we’ll focus on the album art and track listing. Sounds dark and brutal either way, which is all we can ask for.
- And we’ll close with the new track and video from Ophidian I for “Diamonds”. Desolate will be out on July 16th through Season of Mist.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Locked down another pre-order today. I’ll let you guess which album…
- Just kidding, no guessing required. It’s the latest from Darkthrone. Eternal Hails…… is set for a June 25th release through Peaceville. All those pre-order options are available here, but I obviously went the vinyl route. We know it’s going to be incredible, but here’s an album trailer if you want.
- Another June 25th release worth mentioning today comes from Fractal Universe. Their new album, The Impassable Horizon, will be out through Metal Blade Records. For a preview of what’s to come, there’s a new video for “A Clockwork Expectation” within this pre-order link.
- Cold Cave premiered a new track from their upcoming new album, Fate In Seven Lessons. The album drops on June 11th, but you can check out this clip for “Prayer From Nowhere” right now.
- In celebration of the None More Black boxset, out through eOne, Black Label Society dropped a new video for “Heart of Darkness”. If you’re interested in that box set, here’s the purchase link. It’s pricey, but if you’re a BLS fan, no doubt it’ll be worth it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
People are a lot more excited about Mudvayne reuniting than I would have expected.
- Black Label Society are releasing quite the box set. None More Black, available through Entertainment One, features all 12 full-length albums, a bottle opener, a back patch, a hardcover book… all kinds of good stuff. Got some cash to burn? Here’s that purchase link you obviously need.
- Blackened heavy metal collective Nite have signed on with Season of Mist. I don’t see any new album news just yet, but if you haven’t checked out 2020’s Darkness Silence Mirror Flame yet… you probably should.
- Of Mice & Men have announced a new EP, Bloom, which is set for a May 28th release through Sharptone Records. Check out the new video for the title-track right now.
- Big|Brave shared a new music video for “Of this Ilk”, a track taken from Vital. That album is out this coming Friday through Southern Lord. Snag that here, if you haven’t already.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Today has been crazy, so let’s see what I can dig up in like 15 minutes.
- Entertainment One (eOne) is releasing a limited edition vinyl repressing of Time Heals Nothing, the Crowbar classic that was released originally back in 1995. There will only be 1000 copies, split between the US and EU/UK. Grab your copy today right here.
- Cellar Darling released a new video for “Dance”. The track was released back in January through Nuclear Blast, and was originally intended to be included in the 2019 concept album, The Spell. If you want a physical copy of Dance, you can acquire it here.
- August Burns Red have announced the Guardian Sessions EP, set for an April 16th release through Fearless Records. Pre-order it here, and check out “Icarus”, a new track that includes a vocal cameo from bassist Dustin Davidson.
- Body Count ended up releasing that fan-created music video for “The Hate Is Real”, another track taken from Carnivore. I’ve dabbled in some video editing in recent years, and damn… I got nothing. Good stuff here, check it out below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”