Oh so long ago, back when I was a fan of, as opposed to a contributor to, this site, we featured Ithaca’s debut The Language of Injury as an album of the month chat, and I distinctly remember listening to that episode and feeling compelled to immediately dive into it. Needless to say, I was not disappointed, and Ithaca have been on my radar ever since. Now, three years later in a world that seems completely and utterly different, the South London metalcore hotshots return with a new fire, new perspectives and a whole lot more to say on They Fear Us. It’s the Rawring 20’s, y’all.Continue reading
Slowly, but surely, I am catching up on life.
- We’ll open with the latest from Cave In. The second single from Heavy Pendulum was unveiled today, titled “Blinded By A Haze”. And yes, it’s another good one. As a reminder, that album is out on May 20th through Relapse Records.
- If you missed it, Pyrithe announced details surrounding their long-awaited debut full-length not too long ago. Monuments To Impermanence is out on April 29th through Gilead Media, and today they shared a new single through Decibel. Give “Ekphrastik I” a listen here.
- Pivoting to some tour news for the sake of mixing things up, Moonspell have announced North American dates with Swallow The Sun and Witherfall. Those dates are in August and September, and tickets are available here.
- Ithaca shared a new track today, titled “In The Way”, which is the opener from They Fear Us. Their second album is set for a July 29th release through Hassle Records.
- Texas death/black metal act Haunter shared a clip from “Chained At The Helm Of Eschaton”, a track taken from Discarnate Ails. That album drops next month through Profound Lore.
- Closing with new material from Clutch feels like the right thing to do, so here’s the video for “Red Alert (Boss Metal Zone)”. Fun fact, that video was directed by David Brodsky. Of course, it’s can be streamed here as well.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Hey! I officially, and finally, have an order for the latest Stormkeep vinyl locked in!
- Starting with Spirit Adrift is always a sound decision. They’re celebrating the 30th anniversary of Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power with a cover of “Hollow”. Check out the visualizer here.
- Ithaca is popular around these parts, so let’s check out their new stuff. The video for “They Fear Us” is available here, the title-track from their new album. That’s out on July 29th through Hassle Records.
- Thy Art Is Murder have announced a co-headlining tour with After The Burial, with North American dates running from May 10th through June 18th. Tickets went on sale today, which means this news is probably a couple days old. Oops.
- So, I hadn’t listened to Allegaeon in a minute, but I have to say that I am very impressed with Damnum. As such, here’s their new video for “Vermin”, taken from that album, which is out now on Metal Blade.
- Adding a little blackened/industrial doom to the pile, we have the new clip from Culted for “Dirt Black Chalice”. That’s taken from their 2019 mini album, Vespertina Synaxis – A Prayer For Union and Emptiness.
- And, of course, we’re closing the week with the new (and very impressive) video from Meshuggah for “The Abysmal Eye”. Immutable is out on April 1st through Atomic Fire.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Everyone go spend a bunch of money on Bandcamp Friday.
- I like the idea of leading off with Venom Prison. Check out the visualizer for the new track titled “Comfort of Complicity”. That, of course, is taken from Erebos, which is officially out today through Century Media.
- A whole lot from Century Media today, apparently. Next we have Arch Enemy, who unveiled a new video for “Handshake with Hell”. Deceivers is out on July 29th. Here’s that purchase link, should you need it.
- Josh was right, Kreator still has incredible album art. Such is the case with their upcoming new album, Hate Über Alles, which will be released on June 3rd through Nuclear Blast. Check out the music video for the title-track right here.
- Chris told me this was good, so I’m including it. Here’s the latest from Ithaca, titled “They Fear Us”. That’s the title-track from their new album, which is set for a July 29th drop through Hassle Records.
- Switching back to Century Media to wrap up, we have another new one from Monuments. Below is the video for “Cardinal Red”. In Stasis is out on April 15th, and can be pre-ordered here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
The beer scene in Virginia is meh.
- Skindred are re-releasing their second album, Roots Rock Riot, on February 26th through Hassle Records. It will be the first vinyl release of the record, and will feature previously unheard bonus tracks. Pre-order options available here.
- Helfir have released a new track, “Traces Of You”, in the form of a lyric video. It’s the second single take from The Journey, which drops on November 6th through My Kingdom Music.
- Lizzy Borden is releasing a new greatest hits collection, titled Best of Lizzy Borden, Vol. 2, digitally on November 13th through Metal Blade. The collection will feature a couple covers, including “Pet Sematary” by the Ramones. Stream that track, and pre-order it here, if you feel so inclined.
- This new video from Mountain Caller is pretty awesome, so let’s close with that. This is “I Remember Everything”, taken from their debut album, Chronicle I: The Truthseeker. That drops on November 6th through New Heavy Sounds.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”