Welcome back folks! Not only have we returned with more #content over here, but we are also back to something of the regularly scheduled Rainbows programming. After a brief but thought provoking sojourn into the world of harsh noise, we return with something that is decidedly much less harsh and noisy, but no less evocative and artistic, in every sense of the word. Synthpop/post-punk darlings Cold Cave seem poised to be the epitome of the modern-day resurgence of old-school cool, and on Fate in Seven Lessons, they show off a little bit of everything they bring to the table.Continue reading
Metal internet is mostly garbage, and we do our best to be slightly less garbage.
- Blackened death metal crew Withered have announced an album release show in support of Verloren, which is out on June 25th through Season of Mist Underground Activists. That show is scheduled for August 6th, and will take place at The Earl in Atlanta. Tickets are on sale now here.
- Hardcore legends Terror are releasing a live EP, The BBC Sessions, through Velocity Records and Equal Vision Records. This release features four tracks from their early catalog, recorded in the mid-2000s. Get your vinyl fix here, or stream the EP at this location.
- A couple videos today, because why not? We can start with Buckcherry, who premiered the new video for “Hellbound”. That’s the title track from their upcoming new album, which is set for a June 25th release. Stream/order/whatever that beast here.
- And let’s close with the latest video from Cold Cave, because that sounds like a good way to get over the hump this week. Check out “Psalm 23” below, taken from Fate In Seven Lessons, which drops on June 11th through Heartworm Press. Order it here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It appears that I won’t need to scramble to get this out in a timely fashion today!
- We’ll start with Hooded Menace, who have announced new album details along with a new single. The Tritonus Bell will be out on August 27th through Season of Mist, and the new track (which is a beast) is titled “Blood Ornaments” and can be streamed here.
- A couple of announcements from Cold Cave today. First, we’re getting a re-release of 2010’s Cherish The Light Years through Heartworm Press, which will be available officially on September 3rd. Secondly, that album will be performed in its entirety in Los Angeles and New York on August 28th and September 25th, respectively. Tickets available at those links. Cool stuff.
- We got new Heavy Temple. A new video single, “A Desert through the Trees”, is available now. That track is taken from their debut full-length, Lupi Amoris, which is set for a June 18th release through Magnetic Eye Records.
- And we’ll wrap up our Wednesday with the new video from Fractal Universe for “Symmetrical Masquerade”. That one is taken from The Impassable Horizon, their new album which is slated for a June 25th release through Metal Blade Records. Pre-order it here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”