Earlier this month Ozzy Osbourne turned 67 and whether you love him or not he has amassed quite a career that has been a huge influence throughout metal. He began by blazing a trail with Black Sabbath before moving on to his solo career, which is still active. Of course there’s the ill-fated reality show and I’m just going to leave it at that. Anyway, I’ve got several favorites from his body of work in the eighties but for this tbt I’m taking a look back at the highly underrated “Killer of Giants”. Continue reading
We’re late with this one, because…snafu? But anyway, it’s Quickies time! Let’s see what we missed in the metal world today:
- Oh, boy. Welp, this may not bode well for new Immortal material: Abbath is in a legal battle with Horgh and Demonaz over the rights to the band’s name. Yeesh.
- This past week’s album numbers are in and hey! AC/DC hit No. 3 with sales of a little less than 172,000 for Rock or Bust. Which is all well and good until you remember that their last album–2008’s Black Ice–bowed at No. 1 with 784K in its first week.
- Former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee is alleging that Ozzy’s wife/manager Sharon Osbourne scammed him out of royalties during his time with the band in the ’80s. Raise your hand if you’re the slightest bit surprised at these allegations. Anyone?
- How’s ex-Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing spending his time in retirement? By making perfumes, of course! No, really. I had to check to make sure Axl and the MetalSucks guys weren’t just fucking with us.
- And finally, let’s close out with a new video from Psycroptic. Here’s “Echoes to Come”:
Always good to see/hear new stuff from the boys down under. Anyway, that’ll do it for now. Check back tomorrow for Episode 32!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.