It’s not even 5:30 and I’ve already got these done and am ready to leave the office. I wish that were a more regular occurrence. Anyway, here goes:
- Unfortunately, the Justin Lowe saga has come to a tragic end. The former After the Burial guitarist was found dead in Wisconsin yesterday evening. Rest in peace, Justin.
- Good news for all fans of sense: Ghost no longer has to add the ridiculous “B.C.” to their name here in the States. So now I’m going to point and laugh at you even more if you use it in conversation.
- If you needed another reason to never listen to or generally support Malevolent Creation, bassist Jay Black served up a pretty damn good one earlier today.
- Will there be a new KISS album in 2016? There shouldn’t be, because Monster was a complete disaster. But Gene Simmons seems to think there may be anyway.
- And finally, Kerry King joined King Diamond on stage last night to perform the Mercyful Fate classic, “Evil.” Check it out here:
I know we shit on Mayhem Fest quite a bit—and 99% of the time it’s completely deserved. This, though, is cool no matter how you spin it. Anyway, I’m off. Later, kids.
Keep it heavy,