I love reviewing debut albums and discovering new to newish bands. It is always fun to see what fresh, creative minds and talents bring to the scene. I am here to throw another one atchya. This time, from German black metal band Kankar with their debut full length release Dunkle Millennia. The duo joined forces in 2016 and released an EP in 2018. They have polished their craft since, and have come through with a dark, striking, electric, eleven-track album. The production is beautiful and crisp, the songwriting is skillful, the musicianship is bewitching, and each song flows perfectly into the next to create a cohesive story.Continue reading
Welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape playlist from your friends at Nine Circles. This week, we’ve got new videos from Svalbard, Wristmeetrazor, The Lion’s Daughter, and a whole lot more. Plus, we have a smattering of St. Patrick’s Day appropriate content for you. Take a listen down below.
I’m finally listening to some new stuff off the latest Harakiri For The Sky. It’s fun.
- Looks like Abbath has jumped back into the studio to record the third album under his name. It sounds like it should be out sometime later this year, only two years removed from 2019’s Outstrider. I rather enjoyed the previous two efforts, so this is good news to me.
- Serving as a preview for their upcoming new album, Etemen Ænka, Dvne has released a live video for “Towers”. The album, if you need a reminder, drops on March 19th through Metal Blade Records.
- Scardust, the progressive/symphonic metal group out of Israel, have announced some lineup changes. Here is the kick-off announcement, but if you scroll their Facebook page you’ll get the full rundown. Sounds like their first live performance together will be announced soon as well. Good stuff.
- And we’ll close with some black metal. Kankar, out of Germany, revealed the second track from their upcoming new album. Give “Dunkle Millenia” a listen below, the title-track from their newest effort, which is set for a March 19th release through Eisenwald.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I feel like something important happened today…
- Kankar have set the release date for their debut through Eisenwald. Dunkle Millenia will be out on March 19th. Check out “Zerfall des Lichts” right now. I’m under the impression that this is going to be a black metal kind of day…
- Remember when Fleshgod Apocalypse released that cover of Eiffel 65’s “Blue (Da Ba Dee)”, “Blue (Turns to Red)”? Yes, that was in fact a thing. And, if you want more incredible content like that, here’s a drum paythrough of the track.
- A couple more March 19th releases to share today, and the next comes from Dvne. Their sophomore album, Etemen Ænka will be out through Metal Blade Records. A new single, titled “Sì-XIV”, along with pre-order information, is available here.
- Fuath, the atmospheric black metal project from Andy Marshall (Saor), revealed that II will also be released on March 19th through Season of Mist. Check out the video for “Prophecies” below. Spoiler alert: it’s really freaking good. Pre-orders are available here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”