Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Mehenet’s Ng’ambu and Deschutes Brewing Company’s Black Butte.Continue reading
Good morning and welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape. We’re full to bursting with a bunch of new singles this week, including tracks from two new Gilead Media releases, Succumb, Every Time I Die, and…god this is hard to even type…an Archspire song I really, actually like. I know, it surprised me too. Check all that and more out below.
Holy crap I am tired. Today was gnarly.
- Rivers of Nihil unveiled new album details today. The Work, their fourth full-length, will be out on September 24th through Metal Blade Records. You can get a preview of what’s to come with the new single titled “Clean”, right now.
- New album news also came from Mehenet today. The black metal project featuring members of Thou have lined up September 10th as the release date for Ng’ambu, their sophomore effort (I think). That will be out through Gilead Media.
- Starset have announced a pretty substantial run of U.S. dates later this year, which run from November 3rd through December 18th. Tickets go on sale this Friday at this location.
- This is a last second add-in, as the news just surfaced, but I’m sorry to share the passing of Joey Jordison. There’s no doubt that the founding member of Slipknot was an absolute legend, and will be missed dearly. You can read a statement from his family here.
- The last new album announcement of the day comes from Necrofier, who are releasing Prophecies of Eternal Darkness, their debut full-length, on October 22nd through Season of Mist. A video for the first single, “The Black Flame Burns”, is available below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”