Little bit late on this one, folks–sorry about that! Let’s get right into today’s Quickies. Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Want some secondhand Burzum merch? Don’t look on eBay. The online shopping site has banned any and all Varg-related merch on account of him being a hate-mongering piece of shit. (Okay, they put it a little more gently than that.)
- So Limp Bizkit is still making music for some reason, and they just released a new song over the weekend. Full disclosure: I made it through 31 seconds. Good luck.
- Nightwish signed with Nuclear Blast Entertainment for their North American record contract. Which, I guess, is cool. If you like Nightwish.
- More Corey-related things: Wacken Open Air announced its first 15 bands for the 2015 edition, including Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Sepultura, among others. The festival then sold out in 12 hours. So I guess it’s not a Corey-related thing anymore.
- And we close today with a fun story from Corey’s world: apparently Devin Townsend prompted an enormous group hug from the pit during his set at Wacken this past weekend, as only Hevy Devy could. Check it out:
Back for more tomorrow. Check back then!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.