I’m back, and slowly getting caught up in life.
- I like Monster Magnet, so let’s start there. The psychedelic/stoner rock legends are releasing Test Patterns: Vol.1 on November 11th through God Unknown Records. This 12″ will feature “Tab” as recorded on the original 1988 demo and 1989’s Forget About Life, I’m High On Dope, as well as a 2021 rerecording. Pretty cool. More please.
- Judicator revealed another new track, titled “Ursa Major”, over at Decibel. That’s the latest from The Majesty of Decay, which drops on November 25th through Prosthetic. The response to “The High Priestess” was… mixed, so I’m curious what the reactions are to this one.
- More stuff coming November 25th. Italy’s Extirpation have set that as the release date for The Endless Storm, which will be out through Chaos Records. Hear the new single, “Electrocution Strikes”, over at the label’s Bandcamp. If you’re looking for some more black thrash in your life, this is one to keep an eye on.
- Black Cross Hotel, the punk/industrial/horror metal collective featuring members of Stabbing Westward, The Atlas Moth, and more are releasing Hex on November 11th. Find preorders over at their Bandcamp, and give “Shape” a listen.
- And we’ll close with some instrumental progressive metal out of Paris. Check out the clip for “The Abstract” from Oaks below. That track is taken from Genesis of the Abstract, which is out now through Argonauta Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”