We’re late with this one, because…snafu? But anyway, it’s Quickies time! Let’s see what we missed in the metal world today:
- Oh, boy. Welp, this may not bode well for new Immortal material: Abbath is in a legal battle with Horgh and Demonaz over the rights to the band’s name. Yeesh.
- This past week’s album numbers are in and hey! AC/DC hit No. 3 with sales of a little less than 172,000 for Rock or Bust. Which is all well and good until you remember that their last album–2008’s Black Ice–bowed at No. 1 with 784K in its first week.
- Former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee is alleging that Ozzy’s wife/manager Sharon Osbourne scammed him out of royalties during his time with the band in the ’80s. Raise your hand if you’re the slightest bit surprised at these allegations. Anyone?
- How’s ex-Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing spending his time in retirement? By making perfumes, of course! No, really. I had to check to make sure Axl and the MetalSucks guys weren’t just fucking with us.
- And finally, let’s close out with a new video from Psycroptic. Here’s “Echoes to Come”:
Always good to see/hear new stuff from the boys down under. Anyway, that’ll do it for now. Check back tomorrow for Episode 32!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.