Friday at last. Corey’s officially off to Germany which means you’ll all be getting cozy with me exclusively over the next couple of weeks. Maybe some special guests on the podcast if you play your cards right. Anyway, it’s time for Quickies–here’s what we missed in the world of metal today:
- Maryland Deathfest announced its second wave of band confirmations for the 2015 festival and hot DAMN. This thing’s gonna be fun.
- Hey kids! It’s the latest episode of “Dave Mustaine is an Insufferable Fuck!” Check it out!
- Combichrist has dropped Blood on the Dance Floor as the opening act for their upcoming tour following a series of pedophilia allegations against Dance Floor band member Dahvie Vanity. (Yes, that is an actual stage name that someone thought would be a good idea.)
- Rob Zombie has teamed with Walking Dead co-creator Tony Moore to develop a five-minute trailer for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed video game, which is set to debut at San Diego Comic Con sometime this weekend.
- And finally, someone took a GoPro into the pit during Cannibal Corpse’s set at the Gathering of the Juggalos and has since posted the footage online. Check it out here:
Setting aside the fact that it’s the Gathering of the Juggalos–you all know how Corey and I feel about that–I really can’t take more than 30-45 seconds of this thing. It’s cool and all, but it makes Cloverfield look like it was shot with a steady camera. Anyway, that’ll do it for Quickies–check back tomorrow for Episode 15 of the podcast!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.