Holy crap it’s Cinco De Mayo. More importantly, it’s Monday… which means I don’t care about Cinco De Mayo. That said, anybody else watch Extreme Rules last night?? No? Well, then you missed Kane being thrown through a burning table. Your loss. It was great. Anyway, not gonna lie, it was a better Monday than usual thanks to our oh-so-eventful world of metal. See today’s Quickies:
- You can (and will) listen to Agalloch’s ‘The Serpent & The Sphere’ in full. Release date is May 13th. The real news is that we beat Metalsucks to the punch by almost 30 minutes! Who are the bigger fan girls now?! Still unsure if I’m gonna listen to this thing before I have the album in my hand. When I do listen to it I will have clean pants nearby because, ya know, sneezing dolphins and such.
- Updates regarding Inquisition’s ties to white supremacy: this time, the bus driver at the heart of these allegations provides his story. I’ll let you read into this. Maryland Death Fest is right around the corner and these guys will be at the Edison Lot Sunday. I’m curious as to what the reaction will be. I will be at Sidebar.
- On another down note, a fan passed away following a Miss May I show this past Saturday. He was 21. You never want to see this, regardless of the fact that it took place at a metal show.
- Looks like AC/DC will press on, but it may be with nephew Stevie filling in for ailing rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young. We’ll see how it goes. Not to say Stevie hasn’t performed well with them in the past, however.
- And finally, bringing the hilarity factor up several levels, Fred Durst will be directing commercials for… eHarmony!!! I don’t think everyone’s favorite red cap expected to be here when he wrote this gem:
Classic stuff right there. Yeah. That’s good for today. Catch ya on the flip side…
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.