They say good things come to those who wait, and while it’s true that, despite the culture we live in, delayed gratification is more often than not the sweeter option, there are a couple of notable examples in the music world of the wait not quite being worth it, to say the least. Chinese Democracy surely takes the cake, but (at least in this writer’s humble opinion) Fear Inoculum deserves a mention in the “did it really live up to the hype” category. What, then, of a band like Vildhjarta, who so dramatically changed the game with their debut Måsstaden and then, besides an EP in 2013, remained suspiciously silent until now, with the long-awaited release of måsstaden under vatten? I guess the answer to that question depends on what you’re expecting.Continue reading
This might have been the longest work week of my life. As a result, this beer tastes even better than usual.
- As always, we have a ton of new songs… album announcements… videos… to get through this Friday. So let’s start with Between The Buried And Me, since Colors II (Sumerian Records) was one of the more anticipated albums that dropped this week. Check out the new video for “The Future Is Behind Us” here.
- And then we have Aborted, who dropped the third single (and video) from ManiaCult. Check out the clip for the title-track now. That album drops on September 10th through Century Media, and can be pre-ordered on all the formats right here.
- Let’s stick with Century Media for a bit. Vildhjarta have announced some more new things. Their next effort, titled måsstaden under vatten, will be out on October 15th, and you can already check out visualizers for two new tracks: “kaos2” and “toxin”.
- On this wonderful Friday, we also need to include new Exodus. Persona Non Grata will be out on November 19th through Nuclear Blast. The video for the (awesomely named) new single, “The Beatings Will Continue (Until Morale Improves)”, is available right here. Let’s party.
- And we may as well wrap up with the new video from The Absence, for “Faith In Uncreation”. That track is taken from Coffinized, their fifth studio album, which dropped back on June 25th through M-Theory Audio.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s pouring out, and I still need to go for a run, but I am happy tomorrow is Friday.
- Dunk!festival is going virtual for 2021, and will feature the likes of Amenra, Brutus, B R I Q U E V I L L E, and many more. The online edition takes place the weekend of May 13th (which is a Thursday, but you know what I mean). Even better news… the event is free!
- Vildhjarta premiered a new track today, titled “När De Du Älskar Kommer Tillbaka Fran De Döda”. If I planned it right, it premiered less than an hour prior to this posting. That one is out through Century Media, and will be available on all streaming platforms tomorrow.
- Epica have announced “Ωmega Alive”, their first universal streaming event. That is, obviously, in support of their new album, and is scheduled for June 12th. Get your tickets and merch bundles here. And if you need help making a decision, you can also check out this trailer.
- Vulture is dropping a new album on May 21st titled Dealin’ Death, and today they released a new video for “Star-Crossed City”, taken from that album. The album will be out through Metal Blade, and the video is available for your viewing pleasure immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”