New week, new me. Ok, that isn’t even remotely true. Metal news!
- Buildings have announced some east coast tour dates with Bummer. Those dates run in February and March. There isn’t a date all that close to me unfortunately, but this is going to be a super fun tour for those that have the chance to check it out.
- Yatra are lining up the release of their second album on January 31st. It will be called Blood of the Night and will be released through STB Records. You can stream a new track, titled “Blood Will Flow”, right now.
- For those previously unaware, Volbeat and Clutch have some upcoming U.S. arena dates in April and May, and The Picturebooks will be in support. This should be a good time.
- New music videos from Behemoth are always worth sharing. This one is for “Rom 5:8”. I haven’t watched it yet, but knowing the effort the Polish legends put into their video productions, I’m sure it’s as gloriously theatrical as always.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s snowing. I’m drinking.
- Quick tour announcement from Yatra to kick things off. The doom metallers out of Maryland will be covering a solid portion of the Midwest-ish with dates throughout March. No dates anywhere near me, but this should be a fun one.
- Inter Arma is a name we haven’t mentioned in awhile. Time to change that! They’ve announced their next LP, titled Sulphur English, will be out April 12th via Relapse Records. Even better news? You guessed it. You can hear a new track RIGHT NOW. It’s called “Citadel”.
- Hey, has anyone seen this Desertfest 2019 lineup yet? Holy crap. I don’t see myself getting to London in three months, but those that can will be treated to Amenra, Om, Skraeckoedlan and many other awesome acts. Jealous.
- Aligning with a European tour announcement, Exumer has released a new video for the title track from their upcoming album, Hostile Defiance, which drops on April 5th. Side note: You seeing these release dates? Lots of April babies in the metal world this year.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”