Hello one and all to another edition of Initial Descent where I’ve got nothing quippy due to it being Monday and all. And, I’d love one more weekend day but that ain’t happening so here we are. New stuff, we got it and you want it so let’s get after it… This week we’ve got a couple of tech death albums from Abiotic and Demon King, but holy crap look at that Abiotic album artwork! Kung Fu movies anyone? The answer is yes with this playing in lieu of the tv sound. Elsewhere we have a death metal banger from Humanity’s Last Breath and one that has made our very own Zyklonius happy; the misery pop of Emptiness who travel waaaaay outside the lines of expectations and offer up a whole lot of something, or in Zyklonius’ words: ‘something and nothing at the same time.’ Decode that and you win the week. Speak with him for your prize. As always, much more follows these four so dig in.Continue reading
Thirsty Thursday! Almost Friday! So many reasons for excitement!
- Of course there was no way I wasn’t going to open with this. Bruce Dickinson is battling tongue cancer. You know we’ll be following this as more information comes our way. Fortunately, as of now, the prognosis is good.
- On a lighter note, Vinnie Paul is writing a cookbook. It’s name is the best part: Drumming Up An Appetite. That, my friends, is what I like to call a turbo-pun.
- The ultimate sacrifice? Listening to Nickelback for 168 consecutive hours. Jesse Carey of the Relevant magazine podcast will be doing just that to raise 10 grand for Charity: Water. Shit, well he’s getting a few bucks from me!
- Remember that asshat Solitary Son? Well, he’s out of jail and ready to put out a new record! I’m excited… I’ve needed some good comedy in my life.
- If you guys haven’t heard the latest track from Abiotic yet, you should probably do so now. It’s called “Cast into the Depths” and will be featured on Casuistry, out April 21st.
That’s it. I’m done. No videos today.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.