Episode 89 of The Nine Circles Audio Thing covers the fifth full length from Amenra, “De Doorn.” Buke once again captains the episode with Ian, Angela, and Vincent in tow as they break down the album, band, and how this album lands in the trajectory of Amenra. Head inside for the complete rundown.Continue reading
Happy Darkthrone Day! See also: Happy Amenra Day! See also: Happy Friday! (Thank Hell)
- Speaking of Amenra, since today marked the official release of their debut with Relapse Records, De Doorn, we’ll kick things off with their new music video for “Ogentroost”. I guess that marks the first in a series of new visualizers for that album, with another one set for a week from now. That’s cool!
- This has the potential to be massive. Between The Buried And Me have announced a new album, Colors II, which is set for an August 20th release through Sumerian Records. And if this is meant to be a sequel to Colors, something I will definitely assume right now, that is absolutely incredible. Check out a new track titled “Fix The Error” right now.
- Fans of Matt Pike (see also: everyone) should be intrigued by his book announcement, Head On A Pike: The Illustrated Lyrics of Matt Pike. That is scheduled for a worldwide release on November 9th, with signed limited editions available at this location.
- I guess we can toss a tour in the mix. Bewitcher and Enforced are joining Exhumed and Creeping Death on the “Worming Through America” fall tour. Those dates fall in October and November, and tickets are available now at this location.
- We’ll close the week with Aborted, who released the first single and video from ManiaCult. That album drops on September 10th through Century Media, but you can check out the wild visualizer for “Impetus Odi” below. Viewer discretion is advised… apparently.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Life is sparking again, live shows are popping off left and right, and every week of new metal releases has many something’s for everyone. Things are looking up in those regards, so rejoice…or hail Satan. Or whatever you do these days. This week in new metal uncovers the newest ritual from Amenra, a return to holistically bleak beginnings from Withered, a slappin’ slab of death metal from The Absence, wicked ugly death metal from Cerebral Rot, and the next black/doom/punk chapter from Darkthrone. Oh, you noticed? Yes, there’s five up top and could’ve easily been more but in the context of getting you to the rest of what lies below, I chopped it at cinco. Plenty here for everyone, so go and fire up these band’s bank accounts, pronto. Support what you love with ferocity and sing its praises loud even if no one cares. You do, and that’s all that matters.Continue reading
SATURDAY. Finally. What a week, right? But now it’s time for some R&R or whatever you’ve got on your plate for the weekend. And, whatever that is, we’ve got the soundtrack for it with this week’s mixtape of what we’ve been jamming since last Saturday. We’ve got new jams from Wolves in the Throne Room, Lantlos, Craven Idol, Perilaxe Occlusion, and Morgue Walker as well as some sorta new ones from Bodybox, Oathbreaker, Amenra, and Møl. Obviously, there’s more hiding under the hood so click on the play button below and crack that cold one, or get to doing whatever it is you’re doing. We got you.
There is a correlation between the temperature outside, and my stress level inside.
- Let’s start with a tour that I am pretty stoked for. The Black Dahlia Murder are touring North America with After The Burial, Carnifex, Rivers of Nihil, and Undeath this coming September and October. There are some pre-sale links out there as well, so go do that thing.
- There’s another tour announcement out there today that’s striking all the sentimental feels. P.O.D., yes P.O.D., has announced a headlining tour celebrating the 20th anniversary of Satellite. And now I feel old. Anyway, those dates start in August, and tickets are available here.
- More metal and booze collaborations! This time, it’s Pessimist teaming up with Brimming Horn Meadery to create their own “Blood for the Gods” mead. It’ll be made with plum and aronia berries that have been aged in oak barrels. Sounds pretty fucking delicious to me.
- We’re going to wrap the day up with the new video from Amenra because, well, it’s expectedly incredible. This clip is for “Voor Immer”, the latest from De Doorn. That album is set for a June 25th release through Relapse Records, and can be purchased here. Additionally, there’s going to be a livestream event celebrating the album’s release on June 27th, and you can scoop up a ticket here. All kinds of good stuff.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”