March 22, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- It appears Scorpions and Megadeth will be touring together this fall. Granted, this is just a single show announcement — for an October 7 date at the LA Forum — but it does mention something called the “Crazy World Tour,” so…there’s your two and two. Maybe I’ll finally get a chance to see reverse-aging phenomenon Rudolf Schenker in person!
- If you’re in the Los Angeles area, congratulations! Nine Inch Nails have announced their first show in three years, and it’s in your area! (At this year’s FYF Fest on July 23) If you’re not in the Los Angeles area, you get nothing and like it.
- It’s been a while since Mike Portnoy annoyed his way out of a band, so luckily for all of us, it looks like he’s got a new one in the works! Maybe. Rumors are suggesting it’ll be with ex-Dream Theater keyboardist Derek Sherinian and ex-Guns ‘n’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal. I give it about seven months until he’s unemployed again.
- Judas Priest have officially entered the studio to record the follow-up to 2014’s Redeemer of Souls. Or at least, that’s what their Instagram would appear to suggest. Maybe they’ve just gotten Tom Allom and Andy Sneap to pose for pictures just to fuck with us. Who knows?
- According to frontman Chuck Billy, Testament is aiming to have the follow-up to last year’s Brotherhood of the Snake out in 2018. I wonder if a condensed recording schedule will lead to a less conspiracy theory-y album?
- And finally, we here at Nine Circles were pretty big fans of the last Novembers Doom album, Bled White. So naturally, we’re pretty stoked to hear a new song from them! Check out the lyric video for “Zephyr” below:
The band’s new album, Hamartia, will be out April 14 on The End Records. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,