That’s right. It’s Saturday morning. Time to mix things up and have some donuts with your canto. Or a breakfast beer. Dealer’s choice. Anyway, what did we miss last night while I was at the bar?
- Unearth emerged today with a new single, titled “Mother Betrayal”. Pre-orders started yesterday (almost typed ‘today’) for The Wretched; The Ruinous, which is out on May 5 through Century Media.
- Omnium Gatherum are releasing their new EP, Slasher, on June 2 also through Century Media. For a preview of that collection, give the video for the title-track a watch here.
- With Exul arriving on March 24 through Season of Mist, Ne Obliviscaris released a new live video for “And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope”. That clip features performance footage from Melbourne in 2019.
- Wisconsin death metal group Micawber shared a new single titled The Cremation of Care, out through Prosthetic Records. That marks their first new material since 2018’s Beyond the Reach of Flame, so we’ll see what else 2023 has in store for them.
- New Lordi feels like the right thing on a weekend morning. Their new digital single, “Thing In The Cage”, can be heard here. Screem Writers Guild is out later this month through Atomic Fire. And I can’t decide if spelling ‘scream’ as ‘screem’ annoys me. I mean, I know why they went with that… but was there actually any concern the pun would overlooked if they spelled it right? This is the shit I think about post-bar. ANYWAY.
- The 69 Eyes dropped a video for the title-track of their upcoming new album, Death Of Darkness, which you can see below. The release date for that one is April 21 through Atomic Fire Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”