Well howdy ‘do, another weekend come and gone, and another Sunday spent contemplating how the hell it did so as quickly as it did. With Corey down in Boston for marathon prep, you’ve got me for this edition of the Weekend Recap. Let’s get right into it, then, shall we?
- In Episode 48 of The Horns Up Podcast, we made fun of Dave Mustaine’s hilarious excuse for a crowdfunding campaign, then took a look at new albums from Outre, Bladecatcher and Árstíðir lífsins. There’s more, too, but why spoil it? Listen and find out for yourselves!
- Manny-O-War had a great conversation with Void Ritual mastermind Dan Jackson about blast beats, writing and recording solo, and his new, Godzilla-themed project, Desu.
- In case you didn’t have enough Manny-O-War, the second edition of his column, “The Many Faces of Manny,” dropped this week! This time out, he railed against heavyweight cotton t-shirts—as hilariously as you might expect.
- Need a little death metal in your Sunday? Check out Josh’s look back at Deicide’s Once Upon the Cross from this week’s Retrospective.
- That’s probably the best bet for your death metal fix. As we saw in my review on Tuesday, Bladecatcher’s first venture into the genre—the debut EP, Obverse—leaves a bit to be desired.
Anyway, that should more than cover you for stuff from last week. Check back throughout this week and see what’s new!
Keep it heavy,