In 1985, a time when hair metal and the excess of the Sunset Strip was just beginning to hit its peak, W.A.S.P. delivered their second full length, The Last Command. For this outing, the outside influences began to seep in, with ballads and melodic sensibilities that set the songs apart from the rawer sound of the band’s debut. That doesn’t mean it’s any less of an album; in fact it’s my favorite in W.A.S.P.’s discography. It’s heavy and catchy, and has this rough and rowdy mentality to it that all combined for a truly amazing album. Continue reading
Over halfway home for the week. Thank God for the back to back gloomy ass days. Seriously, it’s awesome. Really. Anyway, I’m within the last 7 work days until I leave for Germany… holy shitdick. None percent of me is ready. But more than none percent of me is ready to get caught up on the news…
- I welcome I Declare War to the ranks of those putting out distasteful merchandise. Apparently they thought putting Chris Farley’s dead body on a shirt was a good idea. Idiots.
- Metal album sales for the week. Solid opener for Judas Priest, but not a ton else.
- So Chris Holmes, everyone. The former W.A.S.P. guitarist decided to play the race card in regards to people not giving a shit about him. As opposed to his awful music. Curious.
- Rob Zombie’s new flick, 31, had some images released. Only concept art, and it’s doesn’t that interesting. But, it’s there. Maybe I’ll watch House of 1000 Corpses tonight now…
- Matt Heafy still sucks and Dragonforce still sucks. Naturally, they would continue to work together. God help us all.
- For those that appreciate Mike Patton (all of us), here’s an interview with Ben Weinman.
- Finally, here’s what happens when you propose to someone in front of Robb Flynn:
Marriage is one of the dumbest things imaginable. But who wouldn’t want to get a beer with Robb Flynn? Dude’s legit. That clip was significantly shorter than any number of the mediocre music videos I happened across today. Oops, also NSFW.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.