Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Unleash the Archers’ Abyss and Stone Brewing Company & Modern Times Brewing Company’s Wizards & Gargoyles. Continue reading
Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Fluisteraars’ Bloem and Beachwood Brewing Company’s Mocha Machine
What’s this? A nice, on-time (even early!) edition of Quickies for a change? Surely you jest! Nope, we don’t. Let’s take a look back at what we missed in the metal world today:
- Halloween week sure is gonna kick an ass this year. In addition to the actual holiday falling on a Friday (!!!), At the Gates have announced they’ll be releasing their new album, At War with Reality, that Tuesday, the 28th. Mark your calendars now, people.
- Concerned about Primus drummer Tim Alexander’s recovery from triple bypass surgery affecting the band’s upcoming live dates? You’re dumb. Because guess what? The band’s lined up Tool skinsman Danny Carey to fill in for him!
- Findings from a recent study show that drinking more coffee may help reduce your risk for tinnitus. So at your next concert, screw the ear plugs–just down a couple of Red-Eyes before you go and you’ll be fine!
- Wow, for once Nikki Sixx engages someone in a war of words and I…come out on his side? Oh wait, his target was Gene Simmons. That’s why.
- Slipknot released the cover art for its upcoming single. The song is called “The Devil in I,” which am total grammars, you guys.
- And finally, our friends at Metal Insider want us to “Hear Serj Tankian go EDM on Benny Benassi Track.” No, thank you…I will not. But you can, if you have a strong stomach for that kind of thing:
That’ll do it for tonight. Check back tomorrow!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.