The pandemic had robbed us of the joys of going to a concert, but with some regulations in force — such as masking and providing proof of vaccination — tours have finally resumed. When I heard that The Ocean was coming into town as support for Leprous on their North American tour, I decided to go, everything else be damned. Given that these bands had both placed high in my EOY lists over the last few years, I was excited (if not a little anxious) to go and see them. I had high expectations for a great show, and — spoiler alert! — they delivered.Continue reading
Now pouring: Stoneface Brewing’s Mozzacalypse DDH double IPA. Forgot how delicious this monster is.
- A couple videos to share today, even though it isn’t Friday yet. We’ll start with Crown, because I’ve been listening to The End Of All Things a lot recently. This is the clip for “Violence”, featured over at PopMatters. A reminder that the new album drops on April 16th through Pelagic Records.
- Updates from Meshuggah are always noteworthy. They shared today that they have entered Sweetspot Studios to begin recording their ninth album. They’ve also announced the return of Fredrik Thordendal on guitars, who Per Nilsson had be subbed in for previously.
- Pestilence have unveiled details about their upcoming new album. Exitivm will be available through Agonia Records on June 25th. Looks like a totally new lineup for this effort, as well. Get all the relevant information, including pre-order details, right here.
- Ihsahn announced a livestream event, and I can never get enough Ihsahn, so let’s talk about that. On April 4th, he will be performing Telemark and Pharos in their entirety, with a guest appearance from Einar Solberg. Get your tickets here. I think I’m actually going to make this one!
- And lastly, that other video I wanted to share today, which comes from Witherfall. This is the clip for “The Unyielding Grip of Each Passing Day”, taken from Curse of Autumn, which is out now through Century Media Enjoy.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”