Catch that Enslaved Below the Lights stream last week? Maybe it’s still up but if not, and you missed it, shame on you is all I can say. Anyway, another new week and another massive pile of bloody metal to sink your teeth into. Shall we? Rhetorical, of course. The Bay Area’s death metal behemoths Necrot are back with a vicious slab of old school infused death that’ll set your head on fire and make your ears bleed, everyone’s favorite grind masters Pig Destroyer have an EP that is at once familiar but boundary pushing on the backside, Exist chair an all star class on how progressive metal should be done, and Panzerfaust hit us right in the raw yet hypnotic black metal feels and those are good feels, to be sure. See? I told you this week would be massive, and there’s still a ton more below. Enjoy.
Baltimore, MD’s Exist have a deep lineage across the metal spectrum and with some of the most heralded bands in history. So it should come as no surprise they’ve made a splash since their mid 2000s debut or that they’ve shared tours with many elite bands. Their first two albums were an encyclopedia of how progressive metal is done and now with their third, Egoiista, ready to roll they, yet again, hold a masterclass in how to stay atop this crowded genre and dive deeper into their own mechanics to make this junior effort their best yet. Continue reading
A whole slew of new tracks to share today. Keeping Friday easy for me!
- Exist have released the second single from their upcoming new album, Egoiista. This one is called “The Lottery” and can be streamed here. That album drops on August 28th through Prosthetic Records.
- The next new track comes from Amaranthe, and it’s called “Strong”. This also comes with a live stream event announcement scheduled for August 16th. Manifest, by the way, is out on October 2nd through Nuclear Blast.
- Possessor dropped a new album announcement, with an accompanying single as well. Damn The Light is set for an October 30th release through APF Records, and here’s a link to “Coffin Fit”, in case you need some horror metal on a Friday night.
- Spirit Adrift, who are riding a wave of momentum right now, have announced that their next album will be out on October 16th through 20 Buck Spin. The album will be titled Enlightened In Eternity, and you can check out the first singe, called “Harmony of the Spheres” immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
“Now you bless, now you pray for, now you pray for the new God they sent you. Sons of God will forgive you, and the weapon for new wars will give you.”
- Rotting Christ are the latest to announce a live concert stream. This one takes place tomorrow at 10:00 PM EDT and is hosted by Mexico Metal Fest. You’ll be able to view it at this location when the time comes.
- Melodic death metal crew The Absence have finished the recording of their fifth album. The title, as well as pretty much all other details, are still forthcoming, but this one looks like it will be an early 2021 release through M-Theory Audio.
- Exist are returning with their third full-length album, Egoiista, which is set for an August 28th release through Prosthetic Records. You can check out “Spotlight’s Glow” and get your pre-order on at this location.
- Imperial Triumphant revealed a new track and video for “Atomic Age” today, so it probably makes sense to end the week with that. Alphaville drops on the 31st through Century Media.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I’ve been listening to a lot of Type O Negative today.
- The third edition of the Inkcarceration Festival is set for July 10-12 in Mansfield, Ohio. As expected, the lineup is all over the map, including Limp Bizkit, Mastodon, Steel Panther… you get the idea.
- Monotheist kick off their tour with Exist tonight. To mark the occasion, or something like that, they’ve released a new track called “Twilight of the Wolves”. Check it out. It’s both techy and dark, which I don’t hate.
- Darkest Hour have announced a 25th anniversary west coast tour. They’ll be joined by Misery Signals and Sect from April 16th to 26th.
- Lamb of God have released their first new music in five years. Check out the music video for “Checkmate” below. Lamb of God will be out on May 8th through Epic Records. This track is pretty solid. Also, obligatory ‘I miss Chris Adler’ note.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”