Salty is fast becoming my summer word. But, honestly, I’m extremely grateful for all the killer metal released so far that has aided and abetted my quest to find the nastiest, angriest, speediest, best bourbon guzzling music around that helps chase the bullshit away. So, there’s the bright side. This week’s new release list is yet another example of a good freaking week as we’ve got death metal from both Fulci and Tombstoner and one of those has a synthy horror B side dedicated to an absolute legend of horror fame (guess which one), extreme black metal from Craven Idol, and sludgy-charred-hardcore from Erdve. But, as always, there’s a ton more hanging out below these top four. Get some.Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s Nine Circles Saturday morning mixtape playlist. This week, we’ve got the much requested (seriously like four people picked this one) new single from Zeal and Ardor, some classic Necrophagist, and a usual barrage of death metal from our esteemed Editor in Chief. Take a listen below and kick that (hopefully for most of you) long weekend off.
Pretty aggressive Rammstein playlist going on over here.
- Goatwhore is the latest to announce an exclusive livestream event. Theirs will take place on January 9th, at 6:00 PM right coast time, and tickets can be purchased at this location. Looks like there will be some giveaways during the event, which is also pretty cool.
- If you’re looking for something to supplement the season, keep an eye out for the latest from Wÿntër Ärvń, Abysses. The latest effort from the neofolk project, inspired by early black metal, drops on March 1st through Antiq.
- Oh look, one more livestream to mention. This one will be a free show performed by Italian death metal crew Fulci. That takes place this coming Saturday, the 27th, and you’ll be able to catch it on either YouTube or Instagram.
- And we’ll close with a new video from Rage In My Eyes for “Winter Dream”, a track taken off of Ice Cell, a 2019 release. Check it out below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
“Right here by my feverish side, the ghosts of those I loved. Gone is the cruelest longing now, undone this grief of mine.”
- And it’s official, Rammstein have postponed their North American stadium tour. The current goal is to move the dates to next year, so I guess I’ll hang onto this ticket for a city I can’t remember at this time.
- Meanwhile, Insomnium and Eluveitie have outright canceled their tour. That could have been an entertaining one, we’ll see if those two try and line things up in the future.
- Sounds like Tom G Warrior is working on a new dark psychedelic project, which I am 100% here for. There’s no name for the project or anything at this point, but you can learn more here if you’re curious.
- We can close with some Italian death metal. Why the hell not? This is from Fulci, for a track titled “Apocalypse Zombie”. Sounds entertaining enough.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome back to another edition of Embracing the Descent and another opportunity to catch some fire from this week’s incoming metal. At this point we’re pretty sure you got it but for a recap: if it’s your first visit, we briefly discuss a handful of the current week’s new releases that stood out for whatever reason and maybe, from time to time, a week behind. We won’t be hitting everything because a 40 – 60 entry piece ain’t happening and who’s got that kind of time anyway. Let’s jump in and don’t forget to check out the full listing from Monday’s Initial Descent. Continue reading