I still remember, plain as day, when my buddy first lent me his copy of Board Up the House, and I definitely remember the jaw-dropping, what-the-fuckery that followed from the first time I hit play. A lot of music pushes boundaries, but this was truly unlike anything I had ever heard before. It was vicious, unconventional, and most importantly, it was incredible. But then, as soon as they appeared on my radar, Genghis Tron were gone. Until now. Truly the heroes we need, the boys are back and, on Dream Weapon, they break a thirteen-year silence, but maybe not as you’d expect.Continue reading
Today was less bad than yesterday!
- Spanish thrash collective Angelus Apatrida have announced a livestream event scheduled for March 20th. They’ll be performing their new self-titled album, which can be picked up here, live for the first time. Tickets are available here, with an exclusive merch option as well.
- Burn In Many Mirrors, the latest from Wode, will end up being one of the best albums of 2021. As such, I obviously need to share every track they drop in advance of the April 20th release date. This time, it’s “Lunar Madness”. That album will be out through 20 Buck Spin, and you can pre-order it here.
- And then we have a bunch of new videos out there, so I’ll choose a couple to share here. First, we’ll start with The Lion’s Daughter, who shared another one from their upcoming new album, Skin Show. That album is out April 9th through Season of Mist, and the new video for “Curtains” is available now.
- And then we have the latest from Genghis Tron, a kaleidoscopic video for “Pyrocene”. Dream Weapon is out on March 26th through Relapse Records, and I know this is one we are keeping an eye on in the Nine Circles camp. Check out that video directly below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Thankfully, there is a lot more to share today than there was yesterday.
- Genghis Tron helped me open my day on a good note. They shared a new single, “Ritual Circle”, which is taken from their new upcoming full-length. Dream Weapon drops on March 26th through Relapse Records, and here is that pre-order link that you obviously need.
- Yo, check out this Wilderun video for their cover of Iron Maiden’s “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son“. That was released as a bonus track from 2020’s Veil of Imagination, out through Century Media Records. And it appears that Wilderun is working on their follow-up to that record, which is more good news!
- Fire In The Mountains, my favorite festival on the goddamn planet, has made the decision to postpone one more year. Understandable, but obviously a bummer. As I’ve said throughout this year, I would rather hold out a little longer and get to experience the full version of something like a festival, than force the issue and rush an abbreviated (and potentially unsafe) version of it. That said, it looks like the festival planners have something in the works for us sooner than 2022, and that’s definitely worth keeping an eye on.
- Finally, to end on a higher note, we have a new video from Fuath to share this evening. Check out “Into the Forest of Shadows” below. That, of course, is taken from II, which is out on March 19th through Season of Mist. I already pre-ordered it, did you?
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Last playlist of January and even though it’s a little late, there’s still plenty of time to rip your favorite beverage and jam. I mean, what the hell else you got to do?! Anyway, this week’s edition is stacked with stuff we’ve been digging this week; I’ve got the new Empyrium and 16, Vince has Amulets and Laster, Zyklonius has the new Stortregn, Angela has a cut from Heilung and the new Chelsea/ERR track, Ian brings new Genghis Tron and Tribulation, and Didrik drops new Soen and a pick from Baulds Draumar. All that and so much more behind the play button below. So, drink, listen, and be merry.
Confirmed that it is going to be a very long week indeed.
- Genghis Tron have announced their first full-length album in 13 years, which is a huge deal to our Nine Circles… circle. Dream Weapon will be out on March 26th through Relapse Records. Check out the video for the title track right now.
- Mono are releasing a live album, titled Beyond the Past • Live in London with the Platinum Anniversary Orchestra, that will be out on March 21st. It features footage from a performance back on December 14, 2019, in front of a sold out audience.
- The noise crew out of Atlanta known as ’68 are dropping a new album on March 16th through Cooking Vinyl. It’ll be titled Give One Take One, and it’s available for pre-order here. Check out the video for “The Knife, The Knife, The Knife” while you’re at it.
- Another Nine Circles favorite, -(16)-, dropped a new song and video today, so we obviously need to share that beast. This is “Tear It Down”, taken from the split with Grime, Doom Sessions Vol. 3.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”