“Hark, men of faith, when you set fire to the fields, the grass grew stronger. Listen, men of law, when you turned from life, the flames endured.”
- Hells Headbash has announced their final running order. Highlights include Goat Semen, Incantation, and Acid Witch, among many, many others.
- This was a rumor until RIGHT NOW. Or, a few hours ago. Either way, Sharon has confirmed her split with Ozzy Osbourne and has apparently already moved out of the house.
- Canto wouldn’t be Canto without a tour. Zakk Wylde will be touring North America July through early September. He’s not a terrible human, this could be a good show.
- Kvelertak are streaming their new album, Nattesferd, in full. Which, ya know, is good news for Kvelertak fans and stuff.
- And to round things off with a video, here’s a new one from Novembre called “Annoluce.”
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s a pretty well established rule here at Horns Up that any album from a band with the word “Goat” in their name is set aside for me to review. No one is to touch it upon penalty of ritual sacrifice or death by asphyxiation. Chances are, any band using “goat” in their band name (and there are at least 130 of them) will be pretty hellish, satanic and demented—or in other words, right up my alley. And Goat Semen—who release their debut full-length, Ego Svm Satana this week—does not disappoint.
It’s new release Tuesday—time for another edition of Just the Tip! Here are the new releases (and old release) we’ll be discussing on the podcast this week!
February 24, 2015
Torche – Restarter (Relapse)
Pelican – The Cliff (Southern Lord)
Carach Angren – This is No Fairytale (Season of Mist)
Sarpanitum – Blessed Be My Brothers… (Willowtip)
We’ll also have written reviews of these and other new releases here on the site throughout the week, but for now, take a listen and check back later this week for our spoken thoughts in Episode 41!
Other New Releases of Note:
- Crypt Sermon – Out of the Garden (Dark Descent) [full review]
- Goat Semen – Ego Svm Satana (Hells Headbangers)
- Ensiferum – One Man Army (Metal Blade)
- Keep of Kalessin – Epistemology (Indie Recordings)
- Ahamkara – The Embers of the Stars (Bindrune)
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.