Day by day it seems we’re edging closer to whatever end game is in store and this week’s list of new metal kicks off with two albums tailor made for it. Primitive Man could single handedly kick off, and lead, said end game festivities with their caustic as hell sludge-doom and Rope Sect could turn it into a dark party with their gloomy yet catchy deathrock—two totally opposing albums that are on the same wavelength and both rule. Anyway, offering a bit of respite is the new sorta-tech-sorta-brutal-but-all-fun death metal from Ingested and a slightly more death leaning black metal effort from Arrogant Destruktor. This is a top notch start but there’s much more below to get your apocalyptic soundtracks pulled together. So, get some. Continue reading
Welcome to another edition of our Saturday morning playlist. We’ve got a house full of new picks from Judicator, Napalm Death, Pig Destroyer, and much more. There’s bound to be something you’ll like in there, stop what are you waiting for?
Welcome to another edition of our weekly mixtape playlist. This week is full of new stuff from the likes of Selbst and 16 (the band), and the Two Minutes to Late Night crew cover the best GNR song in typical fashion. Plus, we’ve got Beyond Deth, Carpe Noctem, Ingested, Myrkridia, and a ton more to dig into. All this and way more down below.
“It’s not the way to cross the faith, the promise has been broken. My disease, everlasting. Let me bleed forever.”
- We’ll start with a drum play-through from Necronomicon because those are always a good time. This one is for the track “From Ashes Into Flesh”, taken from last year’s Unus, out on Season of Mist.
- I Prevail dropped a new video today for “DOA”, which features rapper Joyner Lucas. That one was taken from last year’s Trauma, which was released through Fearless.
- Since news is fairly light today, I’m going to take this opportunity to share my favorite Instagram account ever this week. I give you… Albums of Bikini Bottom. My personal favorite is probably the one for Karmacode.
- Ingested have released a lockdown video for “Dead Seraphic Forms”, which is a track taken from their upcoming new album, Where Only Gods May Tread, out August 14th through Unique Leader. Let’s watch this one together.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I ran another race this past Sunday. But it was only 4 miles, which meant I was allowed to get drunk the day before. It ended up going ok not great. Metal news!
- Visceral Disgorge are teaming up with Ingested for a 2020 North American tour. Dates are January 30th through March 1st and cover pretty much everywhere. Some dope special guests at each stop as well, I might add.
- Suicide Silence have shared the track listing and artwork for their upcoming sixth studio album, titled Become The Hunter. That record drops sometime in early 2020 via Nuclear Blast, but we should expect preorder details at some point next month.
- How about another tour, this one from Darkest Hour. Those dates are on the west coast in December and include Unearth. The subsequent 25th Anniversary Tour in Europe is even more impressive.
- Here is a new video from Sarcasm for “The Great Calm Embraced”. It slaps. Esoteric Tales Of The Unserene dropped last week through Chaos Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”