YOB, Witch Mountain and Strategic Warheads descended upon The Earl in Atlanta this past Saturday and yours truly happened to be in attendance. In all of the shows I’ve been to over the years, I can’t think of a better venue to have my first experience seeing YOB. The Earl boasts a smaller, more intimate setup than most spots in the area, and the staff was incredibly accommodating and patient with the crowd on hand. It was a great night through and through, and to both share and relive the experience, I’ve put together a little photo essay for you all. Take a look: Continue reading
Busy night ahead, so let’s keep these quick. (HA! Get it? I hate myself for that one.) Anyway, it’s time for Quickies–let’s check out what we missed in the metal world today:
- Another one bites the dust? Guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal has suggested he might put his solo career before his gig as guitarist-du-jour in Axl ‘n’ Pals. Sorry, I meant “Guns ‘n’ Roses.” He’d be the ninth guitarist to peace out on Axl.
- Well that didn’t take long: ex-Megadeth members Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover have started a new project together. I can personally guarantee this will be better than any output from the Daves and their new lineup.
- Oh look, Jari Mäenpää’s stopped complaining about his lack of studio and actually gotten into a studio, presumably to do Time II things! I’m really excited to hear this in 2018, guys!
- Corrosion of Conformity’s heading back to the studio in January…with Pepper Keenan! Color me all kinds of excited for this.
- Jonathan Dick has a great piece up at Noisey about why you shouldn’t apologize for liking heavy metal. Read it.
- And finally, Allegaeon just jumped a whole bunch of spots on my favorite humans list.
Goddamn, can these guys entertain me. Kinda reminds me of Iron Maiden’s “Holy Smoke” video, but with a not-shitty song. Anyway, that’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for you-know-what!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.