Busy night ahead, so let’s keep these quick. (HA! Get it? I hate myself for that one.) Anyway, it’s time for Quickies–let’s check out what we missed in the metal world today:
- Another one bites the dust? Guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal has suggested he might put his solo career before his gig as guitarist-du-jour in Axl ‘n’ Pals. Sorry, I meant “Guns ‘n’ Roses.” He’d be the ninth guitarist to peace out on Axl.
- Well that didn’t take long: ex-Megadeth members Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover have started a new project together. I can personally guarantee this will be better than any output from the Daves and their new lineup.
- Oh look, Jari Mäenpää’s stopped complaining about his lack of studio and actually gotten into a studio, presumably to do Time II things! I’m really excited to hear this in 2018, guys!
- Corrosion of Conformity’s heading back to the studio in January…with Pepper Keenan! Color me all kinds of excited for this.
- Jonathan Dick has a great piece up at Noisey about why you shouldn’t apologize for liking heavy metal. Read it.
- And finally, Allegaeon just jumped a whole bunch of spots on my favorite humans list.
Goddamn, can these guys entertain me. Kinda reminds me of Iron Maiden’s “Holy Smoke” video, but with a not-shitty song. Anyway, that’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for you-know-what!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.