So, I don’t think any of us have forgotten that the last, oh I don’t know, eighteen months or so have been something of a nightmare, but I think it is also worth pointing out that California in particular has had a rough go of it in recent memory (as some people might be willing to attest to). Shantel Amundson, mastermind behind Illudium, is one of those people who was deeply affected by the conflagration that spread over large chunks of the state that she calls home and draws musical inspiration from, and Ashes of the Womb, the newest release from the dreamy, gloomy trio, reflects upheaval on an environmental and personal level.Continue reading
So I was wrong about the whole week tapering off thing…
- Let’s start with Khemmis, who are streaming a new single titled “Sigil” over at Decibel. That was released as part of their Flexi Series. They also have an album dropping through Nuclear Blast on November 19th titled Deceiver.
- And then we’ll jump over to Negură Bunget, who also unveiled a new track today, titled “Tinerețe Fără Bătrânețe”. That, of course, is the second single from Zău, which is out on November 26th through Prophecy.
- Epica released a fresh clip from Ωmega Alive today, for “The Skeleton Key”. As a reminder, that live album is out on December 3rd through Nuclear Blast.
- I guess this post is resigned to only featuring new singles. That’s fine. Here’s the latest from Goat Torment, titled “Cursed”. Forked Tongues is out October 29th through Season of Mist Underground Activists.
- And we’ll wrap up with the new video from Thy Art is Murder, for “Dead Sun”, which is taken from the upcoming reissue of Hate, available through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
After skipping yesterday, I’ll do my best to catch up today. No I won’t.
- I should at least include the new Baroness tour announcement, which will be a by-request tour throughout the United States. You can vote for your 10 favorite songs (out of a list of 80) with the purchase of a ticket. They go on sale Friday at this location. Well, not that exact location, but you know what I mean.
- Immortal Bird has a brief run of shows coming up with Witching in parts of the right coast in late November and early December. If you happen to be in one of the five cities they hit on they trip, you need to make this happen.
- Mortiferum has a new album dropping on November 5th through Profound Lore, titled Preserved In Torment, and today they unveiled a new track from that record. Give “Exhumed From Mortal Spheres” a listen.
- And then we’ll wrap up the day (and maybe week) with a couple new videos. First we have Archspire, who shared a new video for “Drone Corpse Aviator”. That, of course, is taken from Bleed the Future, which is out on October 29th through Season of Mist.
- We’ll close with Lantlos. The clip below is for “LOWBREATHHIFEELLOWLIFEHIHOPES”, which I definitely just copied and pasted. It’s from the limited edition of Wildhund, which is available through Prophecy Productions.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I don’t always like taking Monday off from this stuff because there’s so much going on, but life be like that sometimes.
- We’ll start with Omnium Gatherum, who have set November 5th as the release date for Origins. Their new full-length album will be out through Century Media, and the video for the first single taken from that album, “Paragon”, is available right here.
- Whitechapel have also unveiled details about their next album. Kin will be out on October 29th through Metal Blade, and a new track, titled “Lost Boy”, can be streamed here. Side note: I dig the artwork of this one.
- Negură Bunget, which is just super fun to say, are also among those to announce upcoming new albums. Their final album, Zău, will be out on November 26th through Prophecy Productions. These always come with a new single/video, so here’s the link to “Brad”.
- More videos today. Low hanging fruit and all that. Check out the clip from American Teeth for “Sick”. Sure is a lot going on there… and I’m not necessarily complaining.
- We’re going to close with the new video from Full of Hell because of course we are. Check out the clip for “Reeking Tunnels” below. That’s taken from Garden of Burning Apparitions, which drops on October 1st through Relapse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Unreqvited’s Beautiful Ghosts and Ogopogo Brewing Company’s Peryton.Continue reading