Well, it’s October. We’ll ignore the fact that it’s almost November, because what can I say? It’s been a busy stretch of life, on top of COVID-fatigue and existential dread. But we’re all here for the riffs, right?Continue reading
This episode of The Nine Circles Audio Thing is all about the Album of the Month for September which is Phanerozoic II: Mesozoic | Cenozoic by Germany’s post metal/progressive metal juggernauts The Ocean which is available now on Metal Blade Records and Pelagic Records. Buke once again captains the episode joined by Vince, Ian, Angela, Hera (Cat), and Jon!Continue reading
I have somehow emerged from the weekend more tired than before. Huzzah!
- Molassess, a psychedelic rock group featuring four musicians from The Devil’s Blood, dropped a new song called “The Devil Lives”. This one is taken from the upcoming new album, Through the Hollow, which can be pre-ordered through Season of Mist.
- French death metallers No Return are releasing a live album this coming December. It will be called Live XXX, and will feature a chronological setlist highlighting the band’s 30 year career.
- Mark your calendars for Slay at Home Fest this coming Saturday. There will be performances by The Ocean, Green Carnation, Saver, and plenty more. This one shouldn’t be missed.
- Lastly, we have a new lyric video from Isiulusions for “Seas Of Darkness”. That one is taken from their debut album, I Follow the Flow, which dropped earlier this month through MDD Records. Enjoy.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Oh hi. Last week’s list was long but this week’s list is longer. Score. Annnnnd, we’re off… The Ocean has yet to release anything less than stellar and this week’s second Phanerozoic chapter is no exception—expect another epic tour-de-force. If you’re in the camp of saying how much Uada sounds like x band or y band, this week’s third full length will change that as they reach far outside the confines of just black metal and come up with all aces. Speaking of great third full lengths, Svalbard return with what might be their finest post-metal, punk, abrasive yet ethereal moment to date, the amount this band has grown in a short time is unbelievable. Bringing the top four to a close, we have yet another third full length from Lik who bring the Swedeath HEAT. So, exceptional top four here but there’s a ton more to seek out immediately below. Happy hunting.Continue reading
I can’t tell if I’m hungover from Friday night, Saturday night, or last night. It’s kinda weird.
- Six Feet Under dropped a new lyric video for “Zodiac” today. That’s a track taken from the upcoming new album, Nightmares Of The Decomposed, which drops on October 2nd through Metal Blade Records.
- Check out this teaser/studio update from Act of Denial. The supergroup is preparing for the release of their debut album, Negative, and have taken this opportunity to tease a new single, “Controlled”, which will be available at the end of this week.
- Of Feather and Bone are releasing their third album, Sulfuric Disintegration, on November 13th through Profound Lore. Better yet, they are a streaming a new track called “Entropic Self Immolation” right now.
- No idea how I missed this on Friday, but The Ocean dropped a new video for “Pleistocene”. Less than two weeks until the release of Phanerozoic II: Mesozoic | Cenozoic!
“Ein Bier… bitte.”