I think at this point we’re all aware that the last few years of Cave In’s career haven’t been the easiest. 2019’s Final Transmission looked to be just that: the closing of the final chapter of the seminal hardcore band and the end of a remarkable era. However, as fate would have it, the act of coming together to put the band to bed ended up convincing the foursome that there was still more musical territory to tread. Heavy Pendulum is more than just the first “proper” Cave In release since 2009; it is a celebration of everything the band has accomplished and a showcase of the tricks they still have up their collective sleeves.Continue reading
Here’s hoping no more devastating news this week. You know how this works, it’s Monday which means it’s new metal release time and we kick things off with a long awaited album from Cave In that hits all the right buttons, Mortal Thrall very successfully trip the post-black metal trigger, Stjärnfält warps the typical black metal tropes with an excellent effort, Sadistic Ritual keeps the thrash fires burning oh so high, and, as always, a hefty list follows. If we missed anything, let us know and if your band or label wants to be feature here in the future, hit the about page and send us an email. Happy hunting and we’ll see you here throughout the week…Continue reading
This busy week just got infinitely busier.
- Let’s open with Deathwhite. Grey Everlasting, an album I know many of us are excited about, is out on June 10th through Season of Mist. And today they dropped the latest single from that record, “White Sleep”, which you can stream here.
- Progressive death metallers Deathbringer released a new single recently, titled “A Place to Exist”. That one is taken from their July 15th sophomore release, IT, which will be available through Unique Leader Records.
- San Francisco gore metal crew Cartilage dropped a new video for “The Deader The Better”, the title-track for the new album dropping this Friday through Creator-Destructor Records. It’s a fun clip, with some familiar faces… so you know what to do.
- And, of course, we’re going to wrap up with the new track and video from Cave In, this one being for “Reckoning”. But that’s not all! They also have some live dates that unfortunately I won’t be able to catch. But you should! Anyway, Heavy Pendulum is out on May 20th through Relapse Records. Everyone at Nine Circles preordered it. Pretty sure at least.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Coming at you late tonight, but still coming at you because there is a ton of shit going on.
- We’ll lead things off with new material from Saor, one of my personal favorites. The new album, Origins, will be out on June 24th through Season of Mist. Check out the video for the title-track here.
- We’ll jump to a tour next. Avatar have announced a July headlining tour, with Light The Torch and Otep. That kicks off on July 6th in Toronto and ends the 31st in Tucson. Tickets are available here.
- Oh look, GWAR released a new single. “Mother Fucking Liar” can be streamed here. That’s taken from The New Dark Ages, which drops on June 3rd. As a reminder, they’re on tour in May and June with Goatwhore, The Native Howl, and Nekrogoblikon.
- Yatra also unveiled a new track today, titled “Death Cantation”, over at Decibel. That’s taken from Born into Chaos, which is slated for a June 10th release through Prosthetic.
- Finally, from Cave In, the clip for “Blood Spiller” is below. That’s the latest track taken from Heavy Pendulum. As a reminder, that is out on May 20th through Relapse Records, and I cannot wait to get that one in the mail.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Slowly, but surely, I am catching up on life.
- We’ll open with the latest from Cave In. The second single from Heavy Pendulum was unveiled today, titled “Blinded By A Haze”. And yes, it’s another good one. As a reminder, that album is out on May 20th through Relapse Records.
- If you missed it, Pyrithe announced details surrounding their long-awaited debut full-length not too long ago. Monuments To Impermanence is out on April 29th through Gilead Media, and today they shared a new single through Decibel. Give “Ekphrastik I” a listen here.
- Pivoting to some tour news for the sake of mixing things up, Moonspell have announced North American dates with Swallow The Sun and Witherfall. Those dates are in August and September, and tickets are available here.
- Ithaca shared a new track today, titled “In The Way”, which is the opener from They Fear Us. Their second album is set for a July 29th release through Hassle Records.
- Texas death/black metal act Haunter shared a clip from “Chained At The Helm Of Eschaton”, a track taken from Discarnate Ails. That album drops next month through Profound Lore.
- Closing with new material from Clutch feels like the right thing to do, so here’s the video for “Red Alert (Boss Metal Zone)”. Fun fact, that video was directed by David Brodsky. Of course, it’s can be streamed here as well.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”