Maaaan, if you missed that sneak attack from Gatecreeper last week, GO FIX THAT. Exactly what I needed and they do a thing at the end that was a shocking, but excellent, surprise of a thing. Anyway, get it. This week brings us new death metal jams from Asphyx, ecclectic-doomy-bluesy-riffy-psychedelicy tunes from Here Lies Man, and a balls out two track banger from Sumeru. Beyond that, we’ve got a lengthy list to peruse that has a little something for everyone. And don’t forget, there’s a whole host of bands putting out killer stuff that crops up unannounced so keep your finger on the metal new release tab over at Bandcamp.Continue reading
Happy Friday. Let’s get this over with.
- Body Count have announced a fan contest for the upcoming new music video for “The Hate Is Real”, from Carnivore. They’re letting fans submit their own videos, and they’ll use their favorite as the next official Body Count music video.
- As always on Friday, we have a couple new videos to share. The first comes from Korpiklaani, who released “Niemi” today. Pre-orders are currently up for Jylhä, which will be out on February 5th through Nuclear Blast.
- Sarin, the post-metal crew out of Toronto, have signed on with Prosthetic Records. Their third full-length album, You Can’t Go Back, is out on February 5th. For a taste, give “Reckoner” a listen while you’re at that Bandcamp link.
- And we’ll close with the latest from Asphyx, “The Nameless Elite”. That track is taken from Necroceros, which is out on January 22nd through Century Media, in case you needed a reminder. Catch the video directly below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Definitely not the news any of us wanted to hear: Children of Bodom front man and one of metal’s best guitarists, Alexi Laiho, has passed away. No doubt the reverberations of this will be felt for a long time and he will certainly be missed, 41 is way too early to go. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. RIP.
Tough to muster new metal speak but here we are. First up is the full length debut from Frozen Soul who were on Maggot Stomp (this is your “quality” hint) but are now on Century Media and as good as their demo was, this is not only better but more of it. Second, we’ve got a physical release from Exsul by way of Caligari (again, quality) and if you missed the digital, rectify that now. Beyond that, another short list of entries to follow.Continue reading
This might be the most Monday-ish Wednesday ever.
- Witherfall shared a lyric video today for the new track “Another Face”. That’s another one taken from their upcoming new album, Curse Of Autumn, which officially drops on Marth 5th through Century Media.
- Nightfall have announced a new album, scheduled for a release on March 5th as well. That one will be called At Night We Prey, and it will be available through Season of Mist, their label debut. Check out “Darkness Forever”, a new track taken from that record, right now.
- This likely won’t apply to me, or anyone else in North America, but Archspire have ambitions for a 2021 European tour. It’s actually a pretty stacked bill with Allegaeon, Black Crown Initiate, Rivers of Nihil, and To The Grave. The dates aren’t until November, so we’ll see!
- Michigan metalcore group Of Virtue dropped a new video today. Check out the clip below for “Pictures Of You (Reimagine)”, taken from What Defines You, which is available through SharpTone Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
We got a whole bunch of new videos to get to, so let’s jump right into it!
- First we have My Dying Bride, who dropped a new EP today titled Macabre Cabaret. To mark the occasion, they also released a new video for the title-track.
- Scour, the supergroup featuring members of Down, Pig Destroyer, and more also released a new video today for “Propaganda”. The Black EP officially drops next Friday, if you needed a reminder.
- Wolf King have a new album on the way, titled The Path of Wrath. That one drops on March 5, 2021 through Prosthetic Records. Check out a new single, “Sanctuary”, right now.
- Finally, let’s peep the new video from Dark Tranquillity for “Eyes of the World”. Moment is out today through Century Media, and is on my listening to-do list for this weekend.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”