I leave for Detroit in two days. CAN’T WAIT.
- Some crazy drama out of Mayhem in recent days. The bottomline of the matter is, Necrobutcher did not much care for Euronymous. However, I do not much care for Mayhem, so… moving on I guess?
- …moving onto the latest Metallica merch? What is my existence today? Ugh. ANYWAY. If the only way you’ll achieve satisfaction in life is by being completely covered in Metallica apparel 24/7/365, you’ll be thrilled that they dropped some new watches, bathing suits, and… a wetsuit. Apparently.
- Finally something I am actually excited about. Devin Townsend has announced some 2020 dates with The Contortionist and Haken. Those fall in February and March of next year and you better believe I will find myself at that Boston date.
- Check out this video from Italian heavy metallers Tytus for “Rain After Drought: Part 2”. It was inspired by the fights of the North Dakota Sioux tribes at Standing Rock Reservation in 2016 .
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
And today was the most Monday-ist Tuesday ever.
- In Flames have announced a North American tour this November and December. Headlining this time around, support will comes from Arrival of Autumn and Red. Could be a fun one. I may dabble.
- An update from Dave Mustaine, who was diagnosed with throat cancer earlier in the year. It seems like he’s making strong progress in his recovery, which is great to hear. Megacruise is just around the corner, for those taking part. Best wishes continued for the dude.
- In lead up to their new album, Rise of the Reaper, Entrails offered us a new single today called “The Pyre”. It’s quite good. The album itself drops on October 11th, so not too much longer to wait now.
- This is from yesterday, but whatever. Devin Townsend’s animated music video for “Why?”. Empath dropped back on March 29th. Hopefully you have all checked it out at this point.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Did you listen to the June Album of the Month podcast episode? Did you do the homework? Did you think we would leave you hanging? Fear not, for below you will find a quick list (with links to boot!) of all the albums mentioned by the Nine Circles crew as early 2019 favorites. Dive in, take a listen, and let us know what else is killing you so far this year.
*Note: Abbath isn’t actually in this list. That is an oversight, because I’ve been loving Outstrider. But any chance to post a picture of Abbath can’t be passed up, so… Continue reading
It’s almost as if we kinda know what we’re doing! Like an elephant bashing the drums with a gorilla on guitar, the Album of the Month series continues its ramshackle adventure into the heart of metal, this time crowning Devin Townsend and his solo opus Empath as our Album of the Month selection for March 2019!
Welcome to another Saturday, weekend warriors. We all collectively pulled through another one. Why not treat yourself? Kick back, try not to think about all the fun everyone’s having at Roadburn, and plug in some headphones. We’ve got a brand new mixtape for you, chock full of good stuff old and new, metal and not. Something for everyone.