Four out of five on the Canto posts. Oh well, I guess Corey’s eating a shoe. Anyway, here’s some news to close out your week:
- Leading off, it’s new-release Friday! A whole bunch of great bands dropped new stuff today, including Imperial Triumphant, Deafheaven, Obscura and more. Check out Josh’s full list in this week’s Initial Descent post here.
- Providence, RI vets Daughters released “Satan in the Wait,” their first song in more than eight years. The band also announced they’d signed with Ipecac Recordings, with plans to release an album sometime later this year.
It’s not coming home. Oh well.
Hey, it’s our third day in a row of Canto! If we get to five, Corey has to buy a Justin Bieber album! If we don’t, he has to eat a shoe! Here’s your metal news:
- Leading off, Voivod announced its 14th studio album, The Wake. The album will arrive September 21st on Century Media, two years after the mini album, Post Society and more than five after its last full-length, Target Earth. Get excited, y’all!
It’s gross outside. Let’s talk metal for a bit and forget about the moistness of this Monday afternoon. Here’s some news you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Maryland Deathfest announced the first wave of bands playing its 17th edition next Memorial Day. The highlights from this crop? Immolation, Pestilence, Mortician, Vomitory, Tomb Mold, Full of Hell and a bunch more. Peep the full list here — and maybe think about starting your anti-cancellation prayers ahead of time. Like, today.
Oh hey, it’s me! Yep, I still have time to do these things sometimes. Like, once in a blue moon. Apparently, nursing school and a complete absence from social media aren’t conducive to consistent metal blogging. Who knew? Anyway, we’re already late on this, so I’ll shut up. Here’s some stuff you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Bloodbath have been forced to cancel their North American tour dates — including their planned stop at Maryland Deathfest later this week — due to that old so-and-so, visa issues. [Evergreen sentiment here, but: you’re a real turd, visa issues!] Bloodbath joins Darkspace, Chthe’ilist, Blk Ops, Zemial, Baptism, Misþyrming, My Dying Bride, and Dagon’s Caravan of Awful [Alleged] Behaviors and Worldviews on this year’s MDF cancellation list.
July 28, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from the last couple of days:
- Leading off…goddammit, the rumored Dio hologram tour is for real. Dates are here. Just know that if you go, I will hate you. And not out of jealousy.